ESF..good game..DMZ?

Best answers
uhh sorry guys, I hope I don't get flamed for this, but I really just want to ask a question. I downloaded ESF like..2-3 days ago...and played it, and it's a lot of fun. Now that I check around, I hear about DMZ and BPL or something...I am now also interested in DMZ but haven't downloaded it yet. I would like someone to tell me exactly how it differs from ESF, and is it worth the space it fills up on my 6 gig download limit? Like graphically, the two games are similiar, with each having it's own strong points. I've played ESF and love the game but found it difficult to actually connect ki blasts without going melee and hitting the guy down. I know I'm a newbie but yeah, is DMZ more hand to hand street fighterish or..? Please respond, thank you.

Best answers
i have never heard of dmz, but post the site up where you can download it and i will download it play it for a bit then come back and tell you what you want to know

Best answers
It's http://dmz.flagrun.net/files.php The differences are quite easy explained :
-Dmz has not that many attacks
-Dmz uses three and four key combos to do attacks
-> this is quite difficult in the beginning

Best answers
so DMZ has less attacks? oooh..hmmm...how is the control of the ki blasts and stuff?? their kick and punch thing seems confusing..that's all..oh well, not to talk about that here..this is ESF!!!!

Best answers
to tell you the truth i hated dmz the fact that models and sounds are pretty bad isnt the point.... the combo attacks are simply confusing and pointless at first and the fly and the gameplay is slow.... Bottom Line : I didnt like it... And I dont think you will too.
P.S.-Where can i get BPL?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he meant Bid for power i think
well dmz was just too confusing with the button combos for me to figure out, and you gotta enter them too fast for my hand eye coordination to work

Best answers
yeah bid for power....lol sorry. Slower huh? well that sux, I know I loved those fast paced games!!! lol..it just looked like their models were a little less cartoony, and looked better in some screenshots...but anything can make a screenshot look good...lol

Best answers
Woo, first post....yeah, anyway.

I downloaded DMZ yesterday, after seeing the screens on the site. As i was d/ling it, i read the little manual that they have on the site, and i have got to say, that pretty much put me off.

Seeing that i had to use silly button combo's just for a ki attack was a little irritating, then seeing that thing about how to transform to ssj or anything else basically destroyed my expectations, but i decided to give it a go anyway.

After playing it for about 10 mins, i realized one thing....it sucks. I mean seriously, the maps are ugly looking as well as the models, and the whole button combo wastes valuable time, the amount of times i was trying to remember some combos for certain attacks and got killed was well over 20.

If you like ESF, stick with it. DMZ just isn't as good as ESF, if you ask me.

Edit: Hey, thanks Useless (hope you dont mind being called that ;p)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh, and another thing about bfp, thier ps system is supposed t be awesome looking, but i've never gotten into one so i cant be sure, its very rare, and the reason why bfp has better graphics is because it has quake 3 engine and esf is halflife, and they dont have cartoon characters for charachters in the first place!

and welcome to the forums BornTwiztid, be sure to read the stickies and enjoy your stay:)

Best answers
Don't flame dmz.
It's getting more interesting then esf could ever be because if you figured out how to do the combos, its easy and you got a great advantage against n00bs, where in esf every bloody n00b can kill the best player (no offence):rolleyes:

Best answers
I have also tried DMZ but after playing it for a while (15 min or so) we said and i quote 'Dude, this game isn't fun. Let's play something else' so we deleted the game. And played some other game.

Best answers
Nah, I'm not that good in esf.
But i can kill even the best guys, because esf requires not much skill. (no offence again:rolleyes: )

*look someone who don´t know joe*
Firefly

Best answers
I like ESF better than DMZ. I mean, granted, n00bs can jus join a game and take one the best guy in there if they get a lucky hit, but the whole left, right, forward, ki button combo thing of DMZ is just annoying for me. It wastes time, especially seeing as it might take a few tries to actually get the move you wanna do.

I prefer the ESF system of choosing the attack you want, and using the mouse button to fire/charge it.

I guess it all comes down to preference.

Best answers
I have played bid for power, EFS, and dragon mod Z and frankly I like ESF the best. Bid for power would have been smacktasticly awsome if funimation hadnt steped in, oh well. ESF is my favorite. it has a cool melee system, good power struggles and plenty of fast paced action(what BFP has but no DBZ characters :p) ESF will be my favorite.

Best answers
the current dmz version is 1.7 and it's old (if you wanna compre it with anything compare it with esf alpha 2.0 :p) the screens you saw on thier site is for the new version beta 1.8 and you can't judge it untill they release it..
if you want to download 1.7 then don't waist your time. just wait for 1.8 to come out, then download it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom