ESF Dedicated Server|People can't join|Port forwarded Correctly

Best answers
Hi, can someone please help me. I am currently trying to make a ESF dedicated server, I have portforwarded every port to do with half-life and esf. I have used the Hdls tool to make a dedicated server installed all the files and the server runs fine. But the problem is nobody can either see or join my server.

If someone would help that would be great :D

The very best there is.
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Generally, you need to forward exactly one port: The configured server port, which is 27015 by default, I think. What happens if you connect directly via console command or if you manually add your server to your favorites list?

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
In addition, did you try to sv_lan 0?

Also, how are you sure the port is correctly forwarded?

Best answers
Generally, you need to forward exactly one port: The configured server port, which is 27015 by default, I think. What happens if you connect directly via console command or if you manually add your server to your favorites list?
Yes I have port forwarded that port, and I can join it fine but people cant join it because the shows its ip as a LAN ip :/

edit:

In addition, did you try to sv_lan 0?

Also, how are you sure the port is correctly forwarded?
Yes I have tryed sv_lan 0 and even sv_lan 0 then changelevel which works with some valve games when I create servers.

And I'm sure I've port forwarded correctly because I hosted other games server and portforwarded them and I watched a video after I found out that my server wasnt working so I watched some videos to see if I ported correctly.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
People can't join it because you are giving the LAN ip, goto http://www.whatismyip.com/ and give that ip address to your friends, this is also called your public ip address, whereas your LAN is your local ip address.

Best answers
People can't join it because you are giving the LAN ip, goto http://www.whatismyip.com/ and give that ip address to your friends, this is also called your public ip address, whereas your LAN is your local ip address.
Already tryed the whatsmyip and made my friend use Connect (ip) but it still didn't work. I want it so people can see my server and join through that. But it seems that even though I have portforwarded and made a dedicated server it wont show as online and not allow people to join.

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Umm, did you try adding the port manually after forwarding it?

Best answers
Umm, did you try adding the port manually after forwarding it?
Huh, what do you mean. how do you mean manually adding it? I have BT HOME hub 2 router I added the ports to the router then I routed the ports to my pc, so i can host the server.

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Try a fancy port checker, I think they can tell you if a certain port is successfully forwarded.

Best answers
Try a fancy port checker, I think they can tell you if a certain port is successfully forwarded.
hmmm it seems one of my friends is able to connect to my server now but only like this connect 109.150.71.29 but for some reason it still doesnt show in the server browser and I just noticed the gamemode is set to ecx^SQlite tdm. I also used the port checker and it said the port is closed which is strange :/

indeed
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Hi, i will assume you're in windows...
you have other pc in your home wich connect with the router?

Try to install the server on a pc that don't have Steam installed and obviously Esf. Forward the ports for that PC.

Why?
I can not explain but the Steam and the ESF running in the same pc makes the server fail to load in the server list.

Note: even if you not opened them...the server will not appear..
at least for me...

---
edit:

The "ecx^SQlite" it's mean that the ECX is installed with a database that record the ki of the players.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom