ESF-Bots....I don't like them!

Best answers
thnx for that 8-bit fighter, i always did the addbots through the console, ah well :p

and how the heck are you supposed to beat them in a PS? or a BS?! i couldn't beat them (in a ps and bs) when i tried them on meduim difficulty. Does your powerlevel make that much difference in who wins in a powerstruggle? :(

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i think the bots rule! they do work together so well, ive had two bots going around both firing kamehas at the same time to make one beam! and on the hardest difficulty, throw a spirit bomb into a crowd of em and watch how fast they flee!

Best answers
Originally posted by <MajinDave>
and how the heck are you supposed to beat them in a PS? or a BS?! i couldn't beat them (in a ps and bs) when i tried them on meduim difficulty. Does your powerlevel make that much difference in who wins in a powerstruggle? :(
While it plays a big part, how much ki you have left and how much you charged the beam also play a major role. Make sure you're holding down fire during the ps/bs, otherwise you'll probably lose. :fight:

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I usually only play one bot. And even one on the hardest setting usually kicks my ass. Mostly because I think it is impossible for me to win a head on melee against them.

Dirty cheatin' bots. :p

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
heh i can easily win a head on head swoop with a bot you just have to know how :p
just make sure you have full ki thats all :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Any other tips for charing at your bots, Me?
I do it and they knock me back... even if their back was turned >.<
But yea.. its funny... how they seem to work together...
I know one up, the bot swoops and hits him against the wall.. I charge a beam... and boom...
Never before seen on esf! :p

Best answers
i just played on best difficulty with 3 buu's and one cell....
football anyone?

Best answers
Originally posted by Slakz
i just played on best difficulty with 3 buu's and one cell....
football anyone?
yeah u do get knocked around a fair bit, they even sometimes swoop you after 2 teleports out of the way :S
2 on 1 keeps u alert, and they'll make u a better player the more u play with them

Best answers
I got ESF Bot v1.1 and KiBot v3.1 and neither of them work with ESF v1.2.

The bots just come into he map and fly/teleport. How do I get them to work properly? KiBot 3.1 says its only for v1.0 so I guess thats the problem there. What about ESFBot 1.1?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
ehh you should have the bots on the main-page, www.esforces.com. And make sure that botdontshoot and observer mode is off, this can be set in the menu(to go to the menu press = )

Best answers
i SERIOUSLY hate the new esf bots, you dont have a chance in melee, and if you turn melee off they still melee, and if you swoosh against them they just keep teleporting away like they have unlimited ki.... they are not impossible to beat, but they are MAJOR UNFAIR TO FIGHT WITH.... if you fight 2 bots you havent got a chance, you just get kicked around like a ball...... if your a newbie in esf, you wont stand a chance against a bot..... i can win over one bot with no problem, but not without giving it my best, which is hard when they teleport away and melee all the time...... they suck those bots...

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
If you can't even win against one bot, you suck and should get somebody to train you, young padawan.

Best answers
lol Dark Rage, you can turn down the difficulty of the new bots.

And in reference to what the thread is actually about, yes, if you have the old bots installed, they will just stand around and do nothing. You need the new bots, from the home page which has been posted like a bazillion times in this thread :p

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dark rage you just have to get a little better than. Me and a friend played for a couple of hours today against 2 bots. We won in the end but while melee was on if they killed one of us the other one was bouncing until we respawned and came over. The bots seemed to grow in intelligence the more we played. They were attacking at the same time and once I sat still with block waiting. One of them moved to behind me while the other one stayed still and then they both attacked at the same time and bounced me. Ultimately you can beat them after getting used to them. Also if you turn off melee for them then they both coordinate beams. Once my friend just watched in awe (and I kind of froze) as I heard a beam coming, teleported 2 times back to see 2 beams criss cross my old position and then turn towards me. Great job on the AI.

Best answers
Originally posted by Me
ehh you should have the bots on the main-page, www.esforces.com. And make sure that botdontshoot and observer mode is off, this can be set in the menu(to go to the menu press = )
ESF-Bot from the main ESF page doesn't let me use = to get a bot menu. In console it says "bot_menu unknown command". This would be ESF-Bot v1.1.

Only KiBot v3.1 has the = key menu for me.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Originally posted by Scorcher2k
dark rage you just have to get a little better than. Me and a friend played for a couple of hours today against 2 bots. We won in the end but while melee was on if they killed one of us the other one was bouncing until we respawned and came over. The bots seemed to grow in intelligence the more we played. They were attacking at the same time and once I sat still with block waiting. One of them moved to behind me while the other one stayed still and then they both attacked at the same time and bounced me. Ultimately you can beat them after getting used to them. Also if you turn off melee for them then they both coordinate beams. Once my friend just watched in awe (and I kind of froze) as I heard a beam coming, teleported 2 times back to see 2 beams criss cross my old position and then turn towards me. Great job on the AI.
Are you serious?!?! That ACTUALLY happened?? Whoa.. Neat... I think I'll start playin with two bots now.... Maye one extra for back up..

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Originally posted by catfish
ESF-Bot from the main ESF page doesn't let me use = to get a bot menu. In console it says "bot_menu unknown command". This would be ESF-Bot v1.1.

Only KiBot v3.1 has the = key menu for me.
check if you have the right dll in your esf\dlls dir have it size should be about 264 kb the 'old' one is smaller or just reinstall the bot

Best answers
Actually i realized something when i read throu the forum... i had been fighting them the wrong way..... lol, now no matter what skill they are at, they are too easy to beat.... they are NOTHING now..... for you others that dont know how to beat them at their best, just look throu the forum untill you find what i found......

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
lol you mean the thing what i posted some days ago :) ?
anyway i'll send it to you (/me wonders how you come on that big dll file :p)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom