ESF Beta v1.1 Help

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I've been playing a lot of ESF v1.2.3 a lot recently, and have heard that 1.1 was supposedly faster and a little better. I downloaded and installed it with no issues, but when I try to create a server it comes up with the error "Mod_NumForName: models/w_destructodisc.mdl not found", then exits out. I can make guesses as much as I'd like, but I don't think I'd be able to fix anything. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Picture for reference:
ERROR.png

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Check if you have the file in the specified location.

If not, then most likely something didnt install correctly. If only this file is missing, then simply copa a different model and rename the copy to "w_destructodisc"

Also remember. ESF 1.1 didnt have bots integrated. If you are using the ESF 1.1 reversed install, then the bot activator is a separate program.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Check if you have the file in the specified location.

If not, then most likely something didnt install correctly. If only this file is missing, then simply copa a different model and rename the copy to "w_destructodisc"
You know, I consider myself a smart guy... I don't think so anymore. I can't believe I didn't think of that..
Anywho, I did that and it fixed that problem, as well as having to replace a few other things, but now when I try, it just loads for a second then goes back to the main menu. I checked the console and it says "Host_Error: EV_Precache: file events/meleesounds.sc missing from server". I guess I'm still missing stuff, but I can't seem to find this file; I'll be trying a few things, but I don't know if they'll work. Any ideas?

ERROR2.png

Also remember. ESF 1.1 didnt have bots integrated. If you are using the ESF 1.1 reversed install, then the bot activator is a separate program.
Don't worry, I made sure to actually read the ReadMe.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OK thats a weird one.

The error you are getting was pretty speciffic to 1.2, i dont remember it ever ocuring on 1.1 :s

In any case to fix it make a new directory named "events" and in there make a file named "meleesounds.sc" Leave the file empty. You can use notepad to do that, just make sure you save it as .sc and not as .sc.txt (make sure when saving that it says "all files" and not "text files")

Since this is so weird, can you maybe give me a link to where you downloaded the installer?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Holy hell. That installer is a mess. A bunch of missing models and sprites.

Also bots dont seem to work. Could be due to the HL linux update. Ill see if i can get the old reversed pack working manually tomorrow.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Wow, I thank you very much, Grega. Yeah I did kinda notice that there was... well a lot of things not there that should be there. I did get it working, well, depending on one's definition of "working"; it runs, but it's broken to pieces with missing animations, sprites, models... like you said, it's a mess. Again, thank you for going through the trouble. :yes:

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Youll need to do directory renaming if you want the bots to work though.

Basically the bots will work normally if the directory is named "esf" any other name and it will mess up. So if you have 1.2.3 installed, youll have to switch between the 2 by renaming the directory.

The model issues are there due to the same reason probably. The game was trying to prechache the files needed by 1.2.3 so models and sprites were missing, and it also explains the meleesounds.sc thing, since thats an exclusive error to 1.2 as its linked to advanced melee.

Now what you do is this.

1.) rename your existing ESF 1.2.3 dirrectory to something else like "esf12" and the "esf_addon" directory to "esf12_addon"
2.) Install esf 1.1 so that you get a directory named "esf" in your half life directory.
3.) Install the steam fix and the bots
4.) place the fmod.dll in to your half life directory
5.) Restert STEAM and you should see esf v1.1 in your games list, so rightclick on it and go to properties.
6.) Cliick on launch options and add "-noforcemspd -noforcemaccel -noforcemparms -nojoy -nofbo" in to the window that opens.
7.) Once in the game make sure to dissable the "HD models" option in the video settings.

Start the game and have fun. In the key configuration there are 3 extra commands for the mot menus, so use them. Also boty by default dont seem to melee very much, so make sure you use the bot menus to set their melee %

Now 1.1 is a totally different beast than 1.2, so be sure to go though the flash manual included with the install as there are such things as locking on in order to swoop, and so on. I guess itll take time to get used to, but the pro scene back in the day could bounce you round like a pingpoing ball. You will see what skill that was once you get ingame and try a simple double hit XD

If you want to switch back to 1.2, then rename the "esf" directory to "esf11" and the "esf12" directory to "esf" along with naming the "esf12_addon" dir back to "esf_addon". Do this in reverse if you want to switch back to 1.1

Hope this helps. Also limit your server slots. For some reason the server seems to be set to 28 people and if you make the bots fill the server it lags up badly. So put it down to 12 or so.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom