ESF: A video request

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hello, could you make a video that looks alot like this? [video=youtube;HHmKXoQMpIs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HHmKXoQMpIs#![/video]

Last edited:
Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No.
thencharsofdoomandsex

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
How about you make a little footage from it so you don't have to waste your time making one.

Wannabe Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This.

You seriously had a video not even 2 weeks ago. Video's take a long time to make if you want it acted out.
I'd appreciate Raven 'not' being in the next video please.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm wholly unappreciative, and would like an uninterrupted game play video not recorded from a camcorder 15 feet away where most of the focus is on some guy.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I'm wholly unappreciative, and would like an uninterrupted game play video not recorded from a camcorder 15 feet away where most of the focus is on some guy.
Yar.

Also vids mimicking DBZ episodes are lame.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Please stop asking new videos . It takes a lot of time to make one .

Just let ESF Team do whatever they want.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🥉Legacy Semifinalist
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
oh yeah... better waste time doing videos than working on the game... nice idea don't u?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
We shouldn't push them to make videos. Let them release videos on their own accord, and definitely don't ask them to animate scenes from DBZ. Not only would it look like shit (almost every fan-made scene that came from DBZ is extremely terrible tbh), it would also take precious time out of the development of ESF: Final. Unneeded, and not worth it.

Best answers
-.-" u know that this shall be a game and no movie studio right? if u ever want to have a chance that they release that within the next the next 10 years then stop asking for such a bull shit....

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
A video, as said above, would slow down the production of ESF:F. Remember, these guys do actually have a life! This mod isn't a full time job, you know! They do it in their free time!

Besides,even if they were making a video the day after the last one, it would still be in production. These guys do work, but they are pressed for time to do so, I'm sure. They have their social life, they have their job, they have their 'let's just play games' time, and then they have their 'work on this mod for the community, no gain to us'. I mean, the devs are truly brilliant people, they are still making this mod, even though it isn't fun all the time, there is a lot of bug fixes and figuring out why the game ignites the PC or whatever, and they continue to develop it a pretty good speed. I'm impressed it's gotten this far, to be honest.

Given all the time needed above, where does the 'make videos for the community' go into it? There isn't enough room, you see, just because you want a video, or because the mod isn't being developed fast enough, so you assume they just sit there playing games and all of that, when they are very busy. That video, Frieza vs. Goku, was taken in many shots, because the game was continually crashing. It takes time to script a video, it takes time to shoot a video, it takes time away from the development process!

I am quite happy with the POTW process. Seems to go nicely, a little insight on the game each week. True, perhaps a video every Christmas would be ideal, but I certainly don't want to push them to make any more videos. That would be very adversely effective to what we collectively, as a community, want. We want the game, not the videos.

Which is better, a fully functionable, playable, game, or lots of videos of an absolutely terrible game? Obviously, you'd choose the former. If you chose the latter, you are either joking, or high as ****.

Just my 2 cents. :p

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beta testers aren't producing anything. It would take maybe 30 minutes of their time, and any sort of post-production isn't necessary as the only thing I want to see is continuous game play footage. I don't care if it has bugs, I don't care if it doesn't look pretty. The problem arises when certain elements of the team deem it necessary to control perception by limiting what we're allowed to see in terms of footage because there are only two quality classifications for their work: Absolute Garbage and Perfect. There's no in between, apparently.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would actually agree with Zeo on this. Bugs don't bother me. I still remember the New Vegas bugs when it first released and they still don't bother me. I don't care if they are game breaking bugs. I would love to actually see the bugs before and after anyeay.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well,maybe they will accept this and make a video that you want. But,some people will think and ask "What's the next ?" "What's the next ?"......etc.

As long as one is out,they will greedily ask another one.

ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
You do understand that game companies easly can release theyre games with some bugs on it right??
So they can get theyre money and do the minor bug fixing after they sell some copies.
In this case the team wont get payed or can earn money with it so they want to release something that has no or minimum bugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom