EQII

Best answers
Well then i know this isn't exactly top notch discussion i realize this games reviews were horrible at the start, but it seems the game is slowly rising to that of what its capable of.

The game at start was stale and boring, however now its still the same ole grind EQ lovers always had and alot of people are starting to play again go look at the official forums for goodness sakes.

I currently have the game ordered and it will be here tommorrow i just wonder if anyone here plays, or if ur all WoW Fanatics?
The game is very immersive and takes alot of commitment is what iv heard, also the crafting is realistic u take a risk at dieing just like u would hunting, imagine it "Tradgedy strikes the forge of Freeport! Darkelf bones found in the fire!"

I currently have been playing WoW and it seems once uv been through once its boring, i played up to 54 and honestly getting to 55 lost its luster sure all the good stuff happened at 55 but it just didn't seem worth it, my friends constantly ran into MC and onxyias lair, and the BDS etc it just sounded really repetetive.

The only thing i can honestly say i will hate about EQ2 is paying 8$ each for their adventure packs, but if the game finally lives up to its capabilities i can honestly say EQ2 will rise above the rest, so any other opinions?

Honestly i just want opinions not EQ sucks etc, i used to say this then i played trial of isle and it was great, and that was only to lvl 6!

Here is EQ2's desert of flames preview from ign, and i have to say after watching the trailer and knowing the game actually plays like that i was impressed.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/633/633036p1.html

Best answers
Only thing I can say about EQII is: yuck.

Sony actually allows and even encourages buying items on the internet (look here). So instead of playing through the game like you're supposed to, now you can buy your uberness! Yay!
It's really disgusting.
I played the trial and thought it was dog **** compared to WoW. And the whole idea of Sony actually making you buy new dungeons and lairs when I get a new one for free every month in WoW is really just gross. So yeah... that's my two cents.

Best answers
I downloaded trial of the isle, and stopped playing before I even got to level 6. I just found it incredibly dull.

Best answers
Question what was dull about it?

The fact that crafting actually required you to do something?

Or fighting you had to pay attention and or call for help?

Im confused i don't see why people hate it, the game has changed alot.

Best answers
Maybe I've just been spoiled by World of Warcraft. But the environments seemed very plain, the combat lacked energy, and the character models seemed a bit boring. I prefer WoW's much more over the top fantasy setting and characters personally, it ends up creating a much more beautiful and vibrant world which is important for me in an MMO game. EQ2 seemed to take a much more realistic approach to graphics, and while they did a good job from a technical standpoint, artistically it wasn't anywhere near as nice to look at or as immersive as the environments in WoW.
Also, I don't like the ridiculous complexity of these games. I've found myself incredibly overwhelmed with all of SOE's MMO games due to the unnecessary amount of menu's, stats and gameplay features. It's just not my cup of tea.

Best answers
Ah i got ya, WoW just got boring to me, im not a big fan of crafting but the idea of having to pay attention to craft in EQ2 to me really made me like crafting lol.

On Wow all i did was pound my hand and wee instance firstaid bandage =D!

I thank you for the feedback tho.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
EQ sucks... period. i'm glad the first one was the 'most popular mmo game ever' but it had its time. welcome to the world of warcraft. i like warcraft. theres all sorts of fun stuff to do and discover. the graphics are nice even if you dont have an uber graphics card, the textures are superb. eq 2... well it has a liscence, lets leave it at that and let them have their fun.

its like prince vs micheal jackson, prince won. same with eq and wow... wow won!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom