English to Russian Translation/Pronunciation?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am writing a script for an animation for school, and there is a tongue-in-cheek character who is depicted as a Russian spy. Is anyone here fluent in Russian enough to translate a simple sentence and tell me how to pronounce it? It'd help make the movie look more authentic.

"I assure you, the Americans know nothing of my true identity…Yes, I’ve retrieved the documents, but most of them seem to be about Corvettes"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just do it by faking it. It isn't that hard to sound stereotypically Russian.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think he want's it said in russian, otherwise I was gonna volunteer cause I think I can fake a good enough russian accent, I can't actually speak and/or read russian though.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rocky said:
I think he want's it said in russian, otherwise I was gonna volunteer cause I think I can fake a good enough russian accent, I can't actually speak and/or read russian though.
Yeah that's the idea. The fact that this character is actually speaking Russian with subtitles would give a "24" vibe to it, making it funnier than just a Russian accent.

Could have sworn there was someone here who said they knew a little Russian.
Haha, midget joke

Best answers
Я убеждаю вас, американцы не знают ничего из моей поистине тождественности... да, я принимал документы, но больше всего их

That should be that text in russian.. No idea how to pronounce though ^

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well our romanian forumers may be able to help you there more. If i remember It was one of them who said they know a bit russian.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Я убеждаю вас, американцы незнают ничего о моей настоящей личности... Да, я достал документы, но похоже, что большинство из них, о Корветах.

I think it's something like that :|

EDIT: Tell me your skype if you want me to teach you it's pronounciation :|

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pronounciation:
Ya ubezhdanhu vas, americanzzi neznayut nichego o moey nastoyashzzey... Da, ya dostal dokumenty, no pohozhe, chto bolshinstvo iz nih, o Korvetah.

Lol, does that help at all?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks Lukyas and Jakut. The ESF community has once again helped me with a flash animation :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom