Elder Scrolls V? **** that ****, this is even better. (Mass Effect 3)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In retrospect, Skyrim was better than ME3, which is something I thought I'd never say prior to playing either game.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't be any happier with these new endings if they were in the original. I would love to end with synthesis tho, its cool to be immortal :D

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well my Shepard is dead, and apparently because I was a full Paragon, but still did some of the renegade options (I could not use the last paragon conversation option with the illusive man) I ended up breaking every computer everywhere. And now he's dead dead. Wonderful. At least some decent explaining was done to what the hell I just did.

Did the destruction option in case nobody got what I was mentioning.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well my Shepard is dead, and apparently because I was a full Paragon, but still did some of the renegade options (I could not use the last paragon conversation option with the illusive man) I ended up breaking every computer everywhere. And now he's dead dead. Wonderful. At least some decent explaining was done to what the hell I just did.

Did the destruction option in case nobody got what I was mentioning.
You dont need a happy ending for it to be a good ending. They did well on such a short notice, but i still feel they royally ****ed up the plot in that retrospect. And explaining the ending more doesnt change that much.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just to be 100% clear, the Dark Energy ending was on the table at some point, but it was not the original ending. Drew Karpyshyn, the original lead writer, has debunked this several times, and said that the series ended more or less where they planned it.

What has become painfully obvious, is that the new endings match the Prima guide endings much more closely now, and it is glaringly apparent that the ME3 on disc ending was horribly rushed. I personally liked the Extended Cut stuff a hell of a lot better than the original endings. The ability to talk to the Catalyst and question it is much welcomed and improved in my book. Destroy is no longer the only viable ending, they can all be picked without feeling like I betrayed core themes of the series, including the new fourth ending.

Of interesting note, the EC has a slew of garbage files in it from an unreleased DLC that apparently also updates the ending sequence and involves the Leviathan of Dis. I won't put up huge spoilers, but if the leak is remotely accurate, the next DLC is going to add some serious twists to the story.

I had the high EMS, Paragon Control ending this time, and it actually made me cry manly tears through my mongolian side kick. I picked Destroy in the original endings. It was awesome. It felt like it fit, and restored the game for me.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Spoilers for DLC

I just read what happens in the latest DLC and I'm honestly kind of mad. **** Bioware. Let's make you pay money to learn about the race that created the reapers! Should've been in the release of the game.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Word on the street is that you'll be seeing this on all the coming story DLC. Not really optional stuff.

Like taking back Omega and an unnamed Citadel DLC

Just a nice person :)
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Could anyone tell me if it's worth buying ME3 for the multiplayer? Does it work well? Do you play it?
I would like some general idea of me liking it. (I don't have a friend that has ME3).

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I play ME3 MP on PC, its addictive, but it'd be daunting to jump in now, lots and lots and lots of gear you need to get through a random number generator store. Many promotional items were gained through special events, while they still hold these events you might miss out on some of those high end weapons, and the MP narrative is coming to a close.

Just a nice person :)
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ah I see. Well that does kinda spoils new comers (the special events weapons).
I do like the MP (of what I saw) but I don't want people with OP gear everywhere.
Guess I'll just wait for something else to come :p

Thanks for the info ^^

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some of the OP gear can be had, just not the promotional weapons:

It breaks down like this:

Common: Starting guns everyone has . . . Predator Handgun (high ROF and Ammo but low damage), Katana Shotgun, Shuriken SMG, Mantis Rifle (3rd best single shot rifle in the game), and Avenger Assault Rifle (good accuracy and ammo, low damage but very light)
Uncommon: Bit better on average, and most of these guns can "hang" with the Rares and Ultra Rares, easy to get
Rare: Not crazy hard to get, but you'll need to spend lots of credits to get them. Most of the time better than Uncommons
Ultra Rare: Usually the best guns in the game, but on occasion just that, rediculously rare. Some rares can work better.
Promotional: Crazy rare, Hurricane and Valiant are great, Eagle and Crusader not so much. The Assault Rifle from this class has not yet been released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom