dust

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
wel only when u transform there is dust. so i suggest when u go in turbo aura only that would give around u dust like in the transforms taht would be better like in dbz episodes gohan had al dust flying away from him when he was in turbo aura form that would be cool when u summon ure aura there has to be dust all the way till u put it of again. and when u do a powerstrugle close to the ground then should there be dust to .

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
eh, this was in esf b1.1 and it was taken out cuz it massively dropped fps. I would have 100 and it'd drop to 30. It was like CL_dusttrails 1/0 as a commands, and when you swooped you would have dust trails everywhere, though it looked cool as hell i'll agree to that, it drops fps like a *****, and i like my fps as high as i can make them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, Fire Phoenix, I was wondering why that was taken out, because I didn't start missing it until very recently. Did they take it out completely, or can it still be enabled?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They took it out completely. I don't see why they took it out though, it was a client side command. So if you enabled it, only you saw it. Just like the new FX system coming out. Personally i thought the dusttrails and all that was cool, but it made my fps go down, so i ony used it sometimes, depending on the situation. But they aren't going to put it back into the game. Sorry.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the reason was that ppl didn't know how to turn it off so I guess removing that option saved us some work at the Help section :)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF versions 1.0 and 1.1 had that implanted. If you swooped near the ground dusttrails were visable it looked super but it caused a big FPS drop thats why they took it out for 1.2. Besides i look at what im doing more than the effects on the ground (unless im testing a map or something)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
ow god dont tell u guys have problems with fps thingies. i have a 700 mhz computer and it could handle esf 1.1 and evm 1.2 in direct 3d very good and i think the most have a pc for sure above 1 ghz my pc is almost 5 years old -_- and the dust didnt slow my pc down either >.< so why they took it OUT !!!! ESF is a great mod they cant do anything anymoire at the gameplay to make it better but they should try to get nice effects out of esf and see that they dont lag thats all if my pc can handle it then all can lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope the new FX system will allow me to create the swoop dust trails. I miss them. I also hope we might be able to use it to add those Ki trails after you swoop, but I doubt these two things will be possible with it.

I'm looking forward to making my own schweet transformations though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
collector is right, my old gfx card while playing 1.2 and 1.0 was a GeForce 2 MX; it performed better then in 1.1 and 1.0 with dust trails turned on,than my 5200 FX does now with 1.2

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
its just that they dont wana have a nice game >.>
esf does it best but the ppl wont take it because its getting better then their favo games so it comes to me >.< yeah and i hate it that half-life doesnt let us choose how many details the player wants cause i have another good game and that let me chose it and it can draw the game very nice without lag ...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If an effect is a cvar, there's no real reason not to include it. Especially if it starts off disabled.

Dust and swoop-ki trails o/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
If an effect is a cvar, there's no real reason not to include it. Especially if it starts off disabled.

Dust and swoop-ki trails o/
\o/ ftw!

Oh man, I would love this game even more if they put that stuff (back) in. At the least make it clientside, and turned off by default like you said, then there's no worries

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom