Dust

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've got quite a bit of dust building up in my tower, Is it safe to just hoover it out with a vacuum? With a correct attachment obviously :x

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Yea, you can. I usually use a compression blaster (air) to clean my computer with a bit of distance of course. Just make sure your computer is (obviously) off with the power cable out.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Don't Vacuum. Period.

Use a compressed air canister.
Oh, right. Kinda forgot that Vacuum sucks rather than blasts ^_^. My mistake that I over looked this.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, but a lot of dust has a tendency to build up on the bottom of the case once you've blasted it out of the core components.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well... im kinda confused, wont blowing dust do more damage than sucking it up? I got a kirby so I can do it both ways with my vacuum.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
blow then suck OK THAT SOUNDED SO WRONG but ye blow with compressed air you can get a can of it from amazon and the vacume the bottom of the case afterwards

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
well... im kinda confused, wont blowing dust do more damage than sucking it up? I got a kirby so I can do it both ways with my vacuum.
I don't see doing much damage when you'd blow with an air force of a deodorant. Besides, if I really want to clean up my PC. I take out all the hardware and clean one by one ^_^. Takes you more time though.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I typically use a compressed air can to liberate dust from the components, and then use a vacuum to suck up clumps of dust after they've been teased out by the compressed air. No fuss, but moderate muss, depending on how much dust has accumulated :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's what I do.

Disconnect your PC and take it outside.

Grab a leaf blower and blast the inside. Only get really close to the fans to make sure dust gets out.

works every time.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Here's what I do.

Disconnect your PC and take it outside.

Grab a leaf blower and blast the inside. Only get really close to the fans to make sure dust gets out.

works every time.
OMG YES I ALWAYS WANTED TO DO THAT.

Maybe ill try to get one sometime, and use it on my old PC, and see if the PC still works. If it does its gonna be the cleanest PC EVER!!!

I GOTTA DO IT!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OMG YES I ALWAYS WANTED TO DO THAT.

Maybe ill try to get one sometime, and use it on my old PC, and see if the PC still works. If it does its gonna be the cleanest PC EVER!!!

I GOTTA DO IT!!!
I'm not going to lie.

It's actually kind of fun when you hit the power supply, because dust ****ing flies out everywhere, same with the video card.

Just a tip though; you might need to have someone holding it or hold it yourself. I usually have some little control of it so it doesn't get knocked over. It is a leaf blower after all :p

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
I'm not going to lie.

It's actually kind of fun when you hit the power supply, because dust ****ing flies out everywhere, same with the video card.

Just a tip though; you might need to have someone holding it or hold it yourself. I usually have some little control of it so it doesn't get knocked over. It is a leaf blower after all :p
lol thanks, u sure its safe, chips not getting rip off?

we don't have a leaf blower though, maybe ill ask the guy who cleans the street to do it for me xD ill pay him a buck or too xd

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol thanks, u sure its safe, chips not getting rip off?

we don't have a leaf blower though, maybe ill ask the guy who cleans the street to do it for me xD ill pay him a buck or too xd
hey, i've done it since I was 12, and I haven't had anything break off. So unless I'm extremely lucky, or it works.

But don't use some hydro-super-duper-powered leafblower 5000. I just use a standard leaf blower. lawl.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Haha I use the leaf blower too

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom