Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, pointly, usless

• wouldn't u choke on all that dust? *cough*

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Best answers
What I Really want to see is dust after a particularly large explosion - like in the series, adding a huge series feel, and boosting game play, and another reasons to block:]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not to mention laggy :p

a dust sprite would cause lag if it were big enough to look decent

Best answers
i thought all the dust and particle effects were client side? dont quote me on that thoe, i may, nah most likey wrong.

Best answers
it could b like in counter strike....the smoke screen....

anyways, for those of u who dont know what im talking about ill explain. u throw a grande and it releases smoke....but in ur configuration menu u can adjust it to high quality, low or medium...that way it doesn't lag (unless a co Ck sucker motha fuca enters with the worst computer ever and puts all his configurations the best and....*COUGH* *COUGH*....gots off topic... so anyways it is possible without being laggy.

Best answers
I believe we were thinking of adding in dust after an explosion... least thats what my brother and I were talking about awhile ago... and yes Particle is user side so it depends on the comp if it were to lag or not... And not to mention there will be options to shut of such effects to reduce pag for those people running lower end comps such as myself.:yes:

Best answers
There probably should be some kind of dust after explosions. It would be true to the show. I am always joking with my friends about how they do that in the show. Its funny sometimes even a mile or so in the sky somehow they manage to get a mountain of dust up there.

Best answers
maybe it could be one of those turn offable effects?? (computers that have problems with half life are quickly dissapearing (heck for 600 bucks you can get a decent 1.6 p4 with a geforce 2, more then you need) and as for the people with the lower computers, just have them turn off the effect.

Best answers
I always thought explosions should be like this...

Example: Lets say...Goku shoots a Kame at someone, it misses, and hits the ground. Now, instead of the explosion being a 3-D sphere type thing, I think it should be a 2-D Ball that always faces you, and expands when it strikes as normal(the blast would look sort of like the charged kame, or spirit bomb or something) I think this would make things look much more 'real' and it could add the TV show effect of the explosion as a screen, and you dont quite know if your target is dead on the other side.

As for dust, I had an idea for that too. Along with this 2-D ball of light, as it hit the ground it would make little 2-d sprites of dust kick up along the contours of the ground its on(it wouldnt do anything in the air, obviously. I made a little diagram to explain...

Goku would be the red circle. See, on the ground, the blast would make dust just fly out at its edges. On the hillside, it would follow the contour. Get it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It'll drop your FPS and rise your Ping ... I don't think it's a good idea

Best answers
By having 2-d sprites? If anything it could lower your ping, especially because the explosions are now 3-d and this way, they would be 2-d. And I really doubt anything they do to esf could cause more lag. I mean, honestly, why is that everyones complaint? "They cant do that, it'll cause more lag" is what I see for any game, but I can tell you, it wouldnt.

Scruffie

S
I would like it if the explosions glowed like the beams, with the colours around the edge, and white in the centre, so you couldn't see inside. But now they don't look very good... I dunno.

Well, I wouldn't mind, I have a nice fast comp. :D

Best answers
dust sprites are client side so it wouldnt cause any lag on the net. On slower computers it might cause some slow down, but those are some pretty slow computers then (i mean half life is how old??) As long as you have a decent computer it wouldnt slow the game down at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom