Duke

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We don't even know if their still going to make Duke Nukem Forever since the project has gone through many complete revisions and has been given to a lot of different teams to work on (reminds me of StarCraft: Ghost, but hopefully Duke Nukem Forever won't suffer the same fate as StarCraft: Ghost as it was being delayed "indefinitely").

EB games always has a placement for games that are not even close to being finished, they aren't exactly reliable either when it comes to release dates.

Best answers
I think Prey is their main concern right now, but if they cancelled DNF with this many fans that might cause a riot, remember when fallout was cancelled lol, people went ballistic.

http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Besides no new updates, the last graphical update i knew about, they were going with a modified doom 3 engine, but more then likely that changed lol.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"This many fans"? What, both of them?

I seriously doubt that many people still care about The Master of Disaster these days. The license has lost its former glory because of crappy releases, and DN:Forever being delayed.. forever.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
True, Prey is 3D Realms main concern even though their not making it (their just producing it). Duke Nukem: Forever whenever asked get's just about the same answer when someone asks Gabe Newell from Valve if they have any information of Team Fortress 2, "Nothing yet".

Wikipedia.org said:
The game has been jokingly referred to in gaming circles as Duke Nukem Whatever, Duke Nukem If Ever, Duke Nukem Coming Out Never, Duke Nukem Taking Forever, Duke Nukem Never, Duke Nukem Fornever, Duke Nukem Forever Wait, Duke Nukem Forever in Development, and others. Another source of humor is the common abbreviation DNF for both Duke Nukem Forever and the sports term "Did Not Finish", which indicates a competitor who was unable to complete a race. It has often been said that the game is stuck in development hell.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:p Or when people ask us when 1.3 will be out.

"When it's done."

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
June 9, 2006 - Buried in Take-Two Interactive's 10-Q filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission yesterday is one little nugget which suggests we may see the ridiculously-delayed Duke Nukem Forever sooner than, well, forever from now.
Take-Two Interactive and 3d Realms aren't exactly on good terms with each other.

In a section describing Commitments and Contigencies, Take-Two states it has renegotiated its obligation regarding the title. The company had originally promised to pay $6 million upon delivery of the PC version of Duke Nukem Forever. In March, Take-Two changed the deal: the company will pay $4.25 million for delivery -- but with a bonus promissory note of $500,000 if the game arrives by December 31, 2006.
There's no point in making Duke Nukem: Forever then if it's going to be heavily dependant on making that mark just so they can get more money.

Of course, this is no guarantee that the next Duke Nukem will appear by the end of the year; it isn't clear how tantalizing half a million dollars looks to 3D Realms, the game's developer. It does appear, however, that Take-Two is as eager as the rest of us to see the game arrive soon.
Sounds more like a get-rich-quick scheme.

I wouldn't put too much thought into that article since many like it have popped up ever since Duke Nukem: Forever was announced.

Best answers
True but at least we see a spark of life, hopefully they bite, and we see the next Nukem, yea he is a dieing hero but the games were great regardless.

Ah well, whatever happens is fine with me =P.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I only really liked D3D.

For its time, it was new, funny as hell, gory, it had cursing, scantily-clad women who strip for money.. so yeah, instant classic. :p Especially since it was basically the only game of its kind back then, and because of that, video game regulations weren't as strict as they are now.

"Shake it, baby~"

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showthread.php?t=10259 said:
1) Release dates. This includes the latest magazine or website article that claims to know an insider who knows when. They don't. Simple as that. Also, ignore ALL release dates unless you hear them from us. This includes EB Games, Amazon, or anywhere else. We will tell you when it's getting really close, and we will tell you when it's done. We promise.
yeah right.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
I only really liked D3D.

For its time, it was new, funny as hell, gory, it had cursing, scantily-clad women who strip for money.. so yeah, instant classic. :p Especially since it was basically the only game of its kind back then, and because of that, video game regulations weren't as strict as they are now.

"Shake it, baby~"
Duke 3D was awesome. :p I liked kicking things. :p
God mode + Kicking the main boss to death = takes a long damn time. :p

It would be nice to see Duke Nukem: Forever sometime this century.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:p **** yeah.

There was this glitch you could use to make the girls in the game indistructable. You had to use the Shrink gun and the Freeze gun in a certain way, then the character would be indestructable. x3

I liked shrinking things and then stepping on them. XD So satisfying.

I hated those Octobrain enemies. Their battlecry scares me so. ; ;

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you want to play duke nukem on an up to date engine, youd be better off playing "postal 2".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just stay positive ^^
Half-life 2 was delayed many time too and it turned out being awsome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom