Ducking

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whoa whoa....that ducking thing may have a use. Perhaps it can be used to charge up a vertical jump. Not the way wall jumps are now. I dont like the whole "after 5 seconds you have to jump" thing.

The vertical jump should be able to charge or at least stay in that position for as long as you want. "Why the hell do we need a charged vertical jump?", you ask. Well, it would be faster than normal jump, and it could become a great technique when in melee. When you see someone swooping straight for you, you crouch/duck and begin to charge the jump. At the last second, you would jump straight up and you could either become the offensive fighter at that point or you could continue being a defensive fighter by incorporating the charged vertical jump and teleportation.

Yes it may sound useless now, but i assure you it is a good idea. It obviously needs a ****load of tweaks and other uses for the crouch/duck are most definitely welcome.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well we don't need it, and it wouldn't add much, so why put it in..? If the team set it up to dodge discs the only way that'd work is to make you immune while ducking which would be incredibly easily abused and complained about. If they set it up to dodge melee while on the ground people would just sit in the ground ducking until they could fire a beam. Those things, and why jump higher when you could beam jump for almost no cost and almost as quickly? Have you ever seen anyone actually duck during a fight anyway outside of a side scrolling fighting game?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah you're right it would be spammed. Alot worse then it was in 1.1. Back then when I tried to hit some guy he would just jump. It took like 2 minutes to land a hit.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then your accuracy couldnt have been all that great...

When i said jump higher, i wasnt talking about running away like a sissy. Charging a jump to go straight up (regular jumping is too damn slow) and then being able to swoop after your opponent immediately after he missescould make for some fun. We all have ideas. Some of them miss (advanced melee....) and some of them hit (simple melee). This one is probably a miss.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But then again you can do that with jump. So yep! its a miss alright!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, you cant. Unless you have the ability to time it perfectly so the person attacking you doesnt aim at your hit boxes, you're gonna get hit. Jump is too slow at the moment.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wy is ground jump a miss while walljump is good, it has the same purpes.
there is a nother good thing about it, when you're trowed on the ground then you can escape being owned by a beam or genetic ball

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm ducking... well i would say maby leaning left and right might not be bad either . i mean hey lets say a BB is coming at you and you know you´ll lose a BS so just lean left and it doesnt hit

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kinda like what every character in dbz does when fighting someone weaker than them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe change the jump so that if you jump without moving it would be the regular jump but if you jump while moving the jump will be faster and longer but it would be lower. That means you jump farther but not as high.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jump is already used way too often to avoid getting hit. The only reason it's easier to hit people than it was in 1.1 is because the swooping speeds are reduced so you can respond to it faster. People do plenty of hopping + beam jumping and jumping + swooping down.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes and why do floorjump when you can swoop up?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's about inputting crouch so you can floorjump. I'm against it.

Best answers
lets take this out tof the box for a sec anc assume its can be use as a "movement charge" of a sourt.....

so say, if ur on the ground, u can charge up using "Duck" and then while holding it, press a directiona button giving u a spring like action from whatever location ur at.
Seems common in all the dbz that ive seen (and i was watching long b4 it was fashionable. thnx TAAS :D ) kinda like a "kei o ken" technique, ya know?

anyhoo, theres my 2 cents. comments?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I get it, but I think people would still jump because you wouldn't have to charge it, and while you're ascending (going up, not in the transformation sense) you can double-tap jump to swoop vertically up, so you'd go further too.

(50th post w00t)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom