DS or PSP

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd type up a big post with good legitimate reasons for my preference, but I don't really want too. So i'll just say that I think that you should get the DS instead of a PSP, because I think it's more fun.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My review that I got from another forum that I posted it in which is very old, and to believe it's rather 4 months old.

The DS, is the most funiest handheld that is known to man that you can acually touch the screen to interact with the game, or movie. Nintendo has released many games that involves the touch based screen so you control the gameplay with the stylus mostly. Most of the games that Nintendo released are for everyone and can be played by someone younger. The Movie Player for the NDS is great. Listening music, watching movies, playing homebrewed games, and browsing the internet expecially on the new model, the NDS lite, gives a competition to the PSP.

The PSP, is a multi-media center, that you can take as a portable system. You can watch anything and do everything with it as N2P Games explained, but modding the system can cause a great damage to the system. It is also hard to keep the system clean because it's polished. One fingerprint can be seened. The games are great looking on the PSP, but aren't excited as the ones on the DS. The battery life is easily drained, and buying a memory stick for the PSP cost greatly and costs more than the hardware itself.

The DS and the PSP are great systems, making the two best handhelds currently in the market, but in my opinion the Nintendo DS wins my vote because not of the features and settings or anything that. It is because the games for the DS are very unique and some popular game series known as Mario Bros, is still continued in alot of Nintendo's best selling handelds and consoles.

As far as I know, a Mario game has been released in all handhelds and consoles Nintendo has ever created.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Nintendo DS is my handheld of choice. I have played the PSP and I own a DS, I just don't consider the PSP very fun to be honest. Yes, the graphics are nice, and quite amazing for a handheld, but controlling the games feels awkward and not very smooth at all, especially when you have to use the make-shift analog stick. The DS just seems so much more smooth, although the graphics are far from amazing, it's just so much more fun. The touchscreen is a nice twist, opens up a whole new world of gaming. The games are fun, and most of them have a high replay value in my opinion, and replay value means more to me than graphics anyday. "Yes! This game looks great, but I beat it yesterday and probally won't ever play it again! Yay for wasting $50!"

Also, the DS is region free, meaning you can import and play games from japan or anywhere else in the world without a modchip or any additional software. I don't know if you can do the same with the PSP, but thats a good advantage for DS owners who want those games that never hit the US.

Anyway, I would recommend the DS to anyone, but I would wait for the Nintendo DS Lite to hit the US, you can buy them for $200 online but when they hit stores i'm sure they will be much cheaper (and smaller, sexier and has a brighter screen!).

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I must say, playing RE DS, I was quite stunned when I happened upon Richard Aiken (who was bitten by the giant snake) and the game prompted me to perform CPR on him . . .

. . . and Jill got on her hands and knees and gave him mout to mouth, which required me to blow into the microphone! I was stunned stupid for a second, then went at it. I found it to be very difficult, as breathing too hard could cause his wounds to erupt, but not breathing regularly or enough would kill him too.

Talk about immertion.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I'd definitely say the DS. It's such an awesome console. Cuc gave a good example of new game features it makes available and here's another one. In Another Code (aka Trace Memory) there is a puzzle that requires you to close the DS lid and reopen it. :p

Also, if you choose the DS then I'd certainly recommend buying Another Code, it's a great game and uses the DS features very well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol Cuc, awesome. Another Code was tricky too at times. At one time, you have to clean dust off this painting, and I won't spoil it, but needless to say, you won't be using the touch screen. x3 Took me a little while to figure it out. It's easy to forget some of the DS' features when you're not used to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom