Dreamcatcher, Stephen King.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hi,

I'm curious if nay of you have read this book, Dreamcatcher by Stephen King.

I wanted some peoples thoughts on the book, myself I'm on page 800 and I got 73 mroe pages to go, I'll finish tonight.

Best answers
It was very thought provoking for me. I liked Beaver, why did he have to die? And so soon, too... It reminded me of The Thing, though.

Best answers
nope not into horror books. my fav book will always be wizards first rule

Best answers
a portion of that film was ....uh....filmed.... in my home city of Prince George, BC. Morgan Freeman, and another big actor was there. Ben Afflect (misspelled correctly) was there for Reindeer games, and even (lady in Double jepordy, with Tommy Lee) was there to film. That city is in the middle of nowhere, and that jail is the least occupied in canada. Perfect for Hollywood. And, no i haven't read the book, as i'm not into suspense. IT was a good book, but that is all i'll read.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there in Vancouver now shooting some of the final scenes, I finished the book last night, very good. I liked Henery and Pete the best "The Remmington Way" haha thats great.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
They're making a movie? Never heard of it, though I'm going to look into it now. :)

I read the book a while ago, the only Stephen King book I've read but I enjoyed it a lot. Not as scary as I feared it might be, which is good cause I like to finish books.

Best answers
Lol! if thats the only S.K. book you'v read let me tell you...you are missing out on some good stuff...read "It" and "Hearts in atlantes"...also check out "The Stand"

Good stuff manert...

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I read Misery, I just recently started to get into S.K. I have Salems' Lot, The stand,Rosemadder to read, cause I bought those. I'm gonna buy more

Best answers
Pet Semetary is good, and so is Night Shift, Insomnia, and the Gunslinger books. GET THOSE!

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I loved Dreamcatcher . . . Beavers death was unneccesarily painful . . . and bodily functions just scared me a little bit more after that. o_O

"It" is probably my favorite novel by him, and my favorite short story is "the Mist". I've read quite a few, as I live around the block from a library. I think the newer ones are the only ones I haven't read.

Best answers
I have read Misery, The Long walk, IT, hearts in atlantis, and the entire gunslinger books. (this is actually partly what i based my fic on. Note the referance to a dark tower and an evil wizard and gunslingers. Except they dont fit together like in the book, and they are there on a different mission.) I liked the actual gunslingers not these new guys. Roland is the best and his best friend...
anyway ive read almost all of them but ive forgotten the names of most of them so... Dreamcatcher? I think i borrowed that from the library, never got round to reading it tho...pity. Ill borrow it tonight and read it...
the long walk or IT were my favs tho

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ya Dreamcacther is good, I thought Petes death was sad cause they say they hear his skull crack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom