Dragon Ball Z

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This anime, has created many of the anime cliches that we see today in newer animes. This anime, is where it all started, this was the anime that was forever awesome, and was suspenseful all of the time. From the 2 episodes of straight staring at each other, and from the frequent SSJ ULTRA POWER UP YELL EMO ULTRA TRANSFORMATION MY LIFE IS ENDING scenes, this anime was the starting point, and the legendary anime that absolutely no one can deny was great back then.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes.

No.

Maybe.

Point being? O:

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, the manga is where it started, and you can thank Astroboy, Akira and Walt Disney for most of the inspiration behind it.

There are plenty of better anime's out there that owe nothing to dbz, I think the anime of dragonball could have been a lot better, it suffers from the same thing as the Naruto anime does, terrible pacing of the plot, but i really loved the manga (of both). If you're looking to draw parallels between dbz and today's more popular anime, such as naruto and bleach, I'll agree with you to an extent that they have some resemblance, however anime is still a growing art form, and some of the best anime I've seen doesn't resemble anything I've seen from dbz or the others mentioned. Dead Leaves is one of the craziest anime's I've seen, but I love it, and the art direction from Samurai champloo and Cowboy bebop are stunning, anime's come in all different shapes and sizes, I enjoy that more than seeing people stare at each other for 20 mins of an episode, watch them fight for 5 mins and then finding out one has some amazing technique or some kind of power that the other cant compete with and so on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom