Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit Teaser

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And they probably still did not fix Cell's voice.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you check my post with the link, they talk about the game on IGN.

It's a Radditz to Cell story, with "what ifs" and movies as well.
****...!

At this rate it'll be 2010 before there's even a POSSIBILITY of seeing that cutscene...If they cut it out in the game that follows this one, I'm going to be sooooo pissed...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you get way too hyped up about that stupid scene. ;x

Just watch the show again if you want to experience it.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Interview:

IGN: When and where in the DBZ universe does Burst Limit take place?

Donny Clay: The storyline goes from the beginning of the Saiyan Saga to the end of the Cell Saga. So basically from the time Radditz arrives on the Earth until Cell is defeated.

IGN: Does the story follow an existing narrative, or is it an offshoot?

Clay: The story mostly follows the existing narrative but we have little off shoot "what if" storylines as well. We like to add those in since at the moment they are really the only new DBZ stories being told.

IGN: Can you explain the basics behind fighting mechanics? What other DBZ games is it similar to?

Clay: I would definitely compare this title to the Budokai series a couple years back. The combo system and ultimate moves are very easy to pick up and play. But once you start getting into the countering system you'll see it's a very deep fighting game and very twitch based. You need to have really good timing in order to really take advantage of all that Burst Limit has to offer.

IGN: How does the counter system work?

Clay: Well there are a couple ways to counter attacks. You can press forward and the guard button the instant an attack lands on you to teleport behind the opponent and strike him back. Careful though he can do the same by countering your teleport as well! There are also ways to completely dodge an attack or even attack through an opponents punch if you time a smash correctly.

IGN: What are Drama Pieces, and how can those affect a fight?

Clay: Drama Pieces are basically allies that you can call into a fight in order to help you in some way – such as blocking a super move or giving you more health or even defense power. There are quite a few Drama Pieces. The nice thing is that you can use them to counter an opponent's individual playing style. So for instance, if you know your opponent is always Kamehameha-ing you, you can pick a Drama Piece that will block those attacks!

IGN: How can you use Aura Spark mode against your opponent?

Clay: Once you have a full Ki bar you can activate Aura Spark Mode with a simple button press. Once active, your attacks do more damage and some even get modified into unblockable attacks. You can use unlimited Ki while it is active as well so you can fire lots of ultimate moves. There is also an Aura Smash Attack you can use that sends the two opponents all over the place attacking each other at very high speeds.

Plus it looks really cool =)

IGN: Besides the main Z Chronicles story mode, what other modes of play can we expect to see?

Clay: Well you will have the VS mode which is where the online component is as well. We also have a tutorial section and some extra modes like a survival mode and a couple other unlockable modes I'll let you discover.

IGN: How many characters will be present?

Clay: 21

IGN: How many stages can we expect?

Clay: 5

IGN: We've been told that Burst Limit will include international leaderboards, rankings and more. What can you tell us about this?

Clay: Well we have a multi-regional online mode set up so you can play people all over the world. This is the first time this has ever happened for a DBZ game, as far as I'm aware, so we are pretty excited about that for sure. This mode will of course track your progress on the leaderboards and rankings systems but as of now that is the only online functionality planned at this point as this was our first try on these systems we didn't want to get too complicated. Definitely look for more next time around!
Source: http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/860/860570p1.html

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you get way too hyped up about that stupid scene. ;x

Just watch the show again if you want to experience it.
The original scene has gone stale, need to see different versions!

Hell even the scene from Buu's Fury gt me going...it at least got serious points from me for trying to recreate the theme music in that scene and in the title screen. Plus, I managed to find three different guys on youtube try and cover the theme. AND a composer friend of mine did his own remix (I think I shared that one with folks here).

But yeah, I love different versions, but they've never done a satisfactory video recreation of it, and I've ached to see it since Budokai 1!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Check out this new video (Not Donny Clay interview):
Microsoft Reps explain Character Select, Load Screen, battle, etc.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WswSOJKsqfw"]YouTube - Dragonball Z Burst Limit for Xbox 360 (gameplay)[/ame]

-------------
Official Japanese site [UPDATED]:
http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/dbz_burstlimit/movie/index.html
-------------
Screen caps:
http://www.ene3.com/archives/021415.html

--
[2] http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.watch.impress.co.jp%2Fgame%2Fdocs%2F20080401%2Fdbz.htm&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=nl&ie=UTF8

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have no idea what some of those mid-fight cutscenes do.

Goku was at one point just saying stuff, and I was expecting some epic transformation or whatever, but nothing seemed to happen. Did he get a stat boost at all?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=8xjLOJ8b7c0"]YouTube - New Trailer[/ame]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tight trailer. O:

I still really don't like the auras, though. Am I alone in this? ;x

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like the game much at all.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=ruWfsuwXbJs"]Donny Clay[/ame]

He sickens me.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, I'm liking what I'm hearing from that interview :)

No more ki charging huh? Great idea I say, keep the battle flowing, aop people from having to knockback, hide and power up. And from the gameplay, it seems really effective in keeping the fight fast and smooth. I also love all the little acrobatics Trunk was doing to back up and pursue. Plus, 3 special moves per character? And unlockable? All sounds good to me! And indeed, those models are awesome. This will be like Budokai 1 taken and applied with polished gamplay and graphics. This is shaping up to be a good follow-up to Budokai 3.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the auras =/.

Clay did not really mention many new things about the game, but just said they "built upon" the other budokai games. Looks much faster and fluid though, and looks to be more fun than the tenkaichi games.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They are still clearly making a mistake by not using the full potential of the 360/PS3. I still do not understand how you would exclude environmental involvement within the matches. These guys at Dimps probably have never watched a minute of DBZ in their lives, because the environment takes a major role in DBZ fights and faceoffs. They could have made the stages much larger, but their main plan is to make this game only reach the cell saga, and make a Burst Limit 2 and 3, which will include first Buu, then GT/DB characters. This process has been repeated twice, Dimps and Atari need to either quit the crack addition, or hand the DBZ game franchise to some better developers, developers who actually listen to the fans, and aren't just making the game purely for money.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They are still clearly making a mistake by not using the full potential of the 360/PS3. I still do not understand how you would exclude environmental involvement within the matches. These guys at Dimps probably have never watched a minute of DBZ in their lives, because the environment takes a major role in DBZ fights and faceoffs. They could have made the stages much larger, but their main plan is to make this game only reach the cell saga, and make a Burst Limit 2 and 3, which will include first Buu, then GT/DB characters. This process has been repeated twice, Dimps and Atari need to either quit the crack addition, or hand the DBZ game franchise to some better developers, developers who actually listen to the fans, and aren't just making the game purely for money.
I don't know what you're talking about. If you ask me, Dimps has got a much firmer hold on the franchise. They're merely sticking with the way the original Budokai games worked, as a 3D "side-scroller", which is fine. And if you watched the videos, I'm certain they use the environments for "blow-throughs", like that one video where Goku and Vegeta ended up in the clouds, fighting in midair. I think THAT'S utilizing environment. I mean, really, with the exception of Kami's Lookout, did Tenkaichi ever let you even APPEAR to travel very high into the air?

Look, I agree that I'd love to see a game that's freeroaming like Tenkaichi, except...well, not sucking, but Dimps has a winning combination, and there can be more than one type of DBZ game. In this instance, it's more of a classic fighter than a super extravaganza like Tenkaichi tried to be.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, you guys are right, those auras suck hardcore. Not that I care about DBZ anymore, but if I did, man I'd be pissed.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They've tried to market this as a new game, but it's just budokai 2.5 with nice graphics...

Seriously I wish someone would make a good DBZ game, oh right that's why im on this forum lol >.> wheres my 1.3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom