Doom3? Who has, and what do you think?

Best answers
I give it a 9.5.

I got doom3 the day it came out, and I haven't been dissapointed yet. The game never gets boring throughout first player story mode. theres always something to look at, the engine is very impressive and everything looks extremley realistic. The sounds Are amazing too I might add, this game's a keeper, and I cant wait for the mods :p

Best answers
Well there's another thread about Doom 3 if you scroll down a bit...
But maybe this one outght to be kept open. So people who have played it, and completed it, can discuss stuff without spoiling it for the others like I've seen in the other thread.

Bolteh2

B
3/10... for the somewhat improving engine...

points of criticism:
- the game (or should i say, the lack of a game) its boring, not scary or spooky.. its just dm run shooting everything that moves... (get close with shotgun, aim at head, fire, bam dead)
- the gfx... i think they suck if you look at the system requirements... it asks waaaay to much for something that doesnt look to nice... it looks plastic and fake, not intens... the models and maps are all absed on bump maps... without them those maps and models look damn ugly.. and to use bumpmaps, you need a power vidcard... fe wppl have that, and it isnt really worth it
- mp... only 4 players.. you CAN get more, but that eats performance of the server, resulting lag... and again, the mp isnt original and doesnt add anything special.. its a slower paced q3a
- overhyped... (same goes for hl2, but at least hl2 promises to have a good sp AND a good mp mod support... doom lacks this)

good point:
- glad they released... now everybody will shut up about how great doom3 is going to be... (i once thought that to.. but few months ago i started to realise how sucky this was going to be.. i was right)

this is all absed on MY opinion

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it seems that people either love this game or hate it... i love it :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got it the day it came out (which was yesturday I think...) anyway. Its alright, the new generation of FPS games are becoming ***er though. What ever happened to the good old days when running/sprinting was default and you didn't need to hold on a fricken key to make yourself move faster...

What happened to the jumping? Its not as horrible as in CS but give the Doom Marine a little push, graphically the game is good though. I give it a 8/10 cause I didn't find the multiplay to be as fast paced as the old Doom/Quake, Multiplayer is what this game was about.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think that in the update they should tie the jumping in with the sprint meter, they should also make it so u cant sprint forever

Best answers
Bolteh said:
3/10... for the somewhat improving engine...

points of criticism:
- the game (or should i say, the lack of a game) its boring, not scary or spooky.. its just dm run shooting everything that moves... (get close with shotgun, aim at head, fire, bam dead)
- the gfx... i think they suck if you look at the system requirements... it asks waaaay to much for something that doesnt look to nice... it looks plastic and fake, not intens... the models and maps are all absed on bump maps... without them those maps and models look damn ugly.. and to use bumpmaps, you need a power vidcard... fe wppl have that, and it isnt really worth it
- mp... only 4 players.. you CAN get more, but that eats performance of the server, resulting lag... and again, the mp isnt original and doesnt add anything special.. its a slower paced q3a
- overhyped... (same goes for hl2, but at least hl2 promises to have a good sp AND a good mp mod support... doom lacks this)

good point:
- glad they released... now everybody will shut up about how great doom3 is going to be... (i once thought that to.. but few months ago i started to realise how sucky this was going to be.. i was right)

this is all absed on MY opinion
Amen, you are my god bolteh. :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey GFK did you say that on purpose to piss me off? >_> Thats the kinda stupid idea they gave CS and it went to hell. Well, I guess the realism newbs will enjoy it. Man I feel like starting my own game company and bringing back the old feel of FPShooters. Too much rules in the physics of the games these days.

You cant jump more than twice
Your screen shifts up/down/left/right constantly every time you get hit
You lose Aim for running around while shooting and jumping
You get paralyzed for a sec everytime you take damage
You... you get the picture...

All the realism should be left to Tom Clancy games. The only game with the most unrealism elements these days is Unreal Tournament. I have a feeling Doom and Quake will soon turn into fricken CS... "Oh the aliens took over the bodies of terrors and now they got the personality's of sodom hussein so now they know how nukes and taking hostages work".

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/me wubz it. Everybody keeps on saying it's such a bad game. I find it to my liking though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom