Don't Ask, Don't Tell Repealed by Senate

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Women and men are not equal. Men have greater bone density, pain tolerance and muscle mass, women have greater endurance and are obviously more flexible on average and preserve body heat much better. Evolution, while I don't believe in species undergoing radical change over time, is very capable of explaning why men and women developed these traits. Affirmative action on the battlefield is bad, and only people who make the cut should go to the front lines or behind enemy lines. Women should be allowed to be combat pilots, now that we've done away with hydraulic controls that depend on the pilots strength to some degree, and if memory serves they are allowed to be now.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ideally, you are right. But so long as there is an agressor that wants what someone else has, be it Halliburton contracts or souls in a holy struggle, war is a reality we have to deal with.
I was only pointing out the absurdity of stating bad things shouldn't happen.

@DanteX: Men serving with women is a distraction, hence the ridiculous rape statistics in the military. It isn't the Muj women have to worry about. It's the guy next to her. Once they actually take contact, which is almost always in a convoy, I'm sure rape isn't crossing anyone's mind, but because war is 90% waiting, 10% actually doing something, it's a huge factor.

Women on the front lines is a tricky issue. They already go on out patrols, take fire, suppress, assess, and move to kill. Which is great. Women are typically pretty damn good shots, so I'm all for attachments here and there. Do I think they should be allowed to become straight up grunts? Not really. Carrying around 150 lbs of gear, plus your bodyweight 60 miles a day would wreck their bodies. It's already done a number on mine, and I'm pretty damn fit.

Also, yes. Women serve as combat pilots, both in helos and birds like the A-10.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Interesting fact: Women have a higher tolerance for pain. Physically anyway, mentally *shrugs*
Both are required to handle pain.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Interesting fact: Women have a higher tolerance for pain. Physically anyway, mentally *shrugs*
Fact: Men and women do not feel pain in the same way.

An aside: Pain tolerance does not make you combat capable.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Only during pregnancy. Any other time, they literally are wired to feel pain more intensely than men are. Evolutions way of keeping them near the shelter with the children and the berries and fruits they've harvested. Men had reduced input from pain to allow for better combat ability during hunting. I'll see if I can't find some studies to back up my memory. That and what Nix said, they feel it different period, and that could have an effect in CQBs, hence one reason why they aren't ideal for the front line.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My Tae Kwon Do teacher taught me that. 105 lbs soaking wet and she was scary to fight at times.
I meant this;

Nix said:
An aside: Pain tolerance does not make you combat capable.
Dude can hardly feel pain but he can't fight for ****.

[video=youtube;sYQOZcMRruo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYQOZcMRruo&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom