ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
anyone seen that movie?
i just saw it like 10 minutes ago ... its really a weird movie ...
normally, i dont have problems watching the most blodiest and most "freightenig" splatter horror movies ... so i though no movie could ever scare me but this weird bunny "thing" really scared me off ... its not like the movie is brutal or bloody ... its just that kind of psychological horror movie u know .... but the bad thing about is .. i dont get the movie lol. i dont think it was made for the mainstream so u really have to think about the things happening there ... guess i have to watch it again (haha kiddies, your out :p )

so, if you have seen it, any ideas about the meaning of the movie?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
saw it 2 but i have no frigin idea im stil confuzed :S

Best answers
lol, i love Donnie Darko, you definetly need to see it more then once. The second and third time you watch it you notice so much more things and the movie makes more sense. hehe the bunny was my fav though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, you need to watch Suicide Club, Its the best movie EVER. I want to join the SC LOL

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Donnie Darko is one of my top favorites, like cheeto said, you need to watch more tan one time. It's not your average every-day movie. It's a brilliant movie though.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The part I loved best on the movie was when he went back to sleep knowing that the engine was going to smash him.

If you go to www.donniedarko.com and progress through that website, it gives you more understanding on the whole thing, such as explanations of the Manipulated Living and the Manipulated dead and such.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know...watching that movie on DVD, with the director commentary on, is a total eye opener as to what we saw. It's really interesting, actually:

You see, everything in his life gets resolved before the engine finally falls on him at the end. By getting out of his room when it initially happens, he sort of starts a separate timeline from the real one where he is supposed to die. In that separate timeline, that "tangent universe" (which is why the bunny says "the world will end"--as soon as he dies, that pocket universe will have never happened, because all of that stuff happens BECAUSE he avoids it the first time...get it?)...all of his life becomes resolved. He meets Gretchen, becomes infatuated; he proves that super wonderful guy is really a son of a *****; he finds out his meds are fake; all kinds of stuff in his life gets resolved. In a weird way, him avoiding his death and thus causing the tangent universe is sort of the way that he gets to put himself at peace before he goes. It makes you wonder if everyone who's supposed to die at first avoids it somehow and goes into their own tangent timeline, where everything gets righted and they can finally be at peace. Because it's his "end of the world" that causes the plane to lose it's engine in the first place, it's really just one big loop back to the beginning of the scenario where he initially avoids it. That engine falls, in the end, BECAUSE of him, and he understands why--that time was a gift given to him, to set himself at ease before he goes.

That's my theory, anyways--and it's mostly on par with the commentary. It makes a lot more sense that way, trust me.

Hehe..."Why do you wear that stupid man suit?"

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember having a Donnie Darko sig a while back featuring Frank the Rabbit. I was in love with that movie when I first saw it. I still watch it often.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, I've seen Donnie Darko. I didn't like the movie all too much, but there is a song in it that I found very interesting.

It's called "Mad World", it can be heard on the radio now.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad World is an old song. I'm tired of hearing it, to be honest.

Anyways, Donnie Darko is an amazing film. I liked it a lot. Don't really know what else to say about it. Frank was cool.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This thread is 4 years old. Seriously.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Holy ****, you're right. Uhh, oops? I just saw someone viewing it in the active users list, didn't really look at dates. :/

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
lol spunky fails.
And wtf .. I was still using crap intarweb language back then ... u and such. -.-

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol this is totally my fault, I watched this movie today, kinda searched forum records for it.
looks like someone spotted that xD

kinda freaked me out at first, when I saw this thread.
funny though

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom