Dodgeball!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont really care if you don't do this. If you ever decide to do (which I highly doubt) make it some side idea. Like for 1.5 when everything is going good with the game. Anyways, here is the Idea.

The level: The level would consist of a circle. The circle would seperate the dodgers and throwers. The circle would be a 'force field' kind of idea, like where throwers can't go in, and dodgers can't go out.

Throwers: Throwers would have only right-click generic beam attack and be on the outside. They try to hit the dodgers.

Dodgers: The Dodgers would have to be inside the circle and wouldn't be able to go outside of the circle. They should have no attacks besides melee. They would dodge.

If anything this could be a kind of mode (Team play, CTDB, etc) type. Tell me what you think of this idea? I think it would be fun for a Lan party, or just internet play.

Best answers
can't that be done already? don't know how you can separate the playing field, but i've played in beam servers where you cound't even select melee... same concept except only gen ball can be used... sounds fun.. i'd play it time to time

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
id think it would be a fun lil mini game, probly not that hard to code =S i like it...thats something else then always melee fighting...something fun X_x

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like this idea, would make the game more interesting. CTDB, Team Play, Free Fight, they all have the same type of gameplay, it's all fighting eachother =/ But this idea would make for an interesting relaxing game apart from those =) Great idea! The best one I've heard in a long while!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Avenger said:
I like this idea, would make the game more interesting. CTDB, Team Play, Free Fight, they all have the same type of gameplay, it's all fighting eachother =/ But this idea would make for an interesting relaxing game apart from those =) Great idea! The best one I've heard in a long while!
hehe i thuoght the same thanks for your opinion! :D

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
This would certainly be an amusing addition :p I like it.

Would the dodgers have swoop and teleport? If they did it would be a bit easy to dodge.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Would the dodgers have swoop and teleport? If they did it would be a bit easy to dodge.
but think how much gen beams you can lunge at them and they cannot go for as long as you can spam gen beams, would take some skills to dodge that amount of gen beams \o/

Best answers
the game does need other modes.....the dodgeball could be one and how about the old fashion, CTF but school style like......the field is seperated into two and only the members of the side can attack.....if someone crosses the line, they can't attack but could teleport and dodge.
My Idea on the dodgeball though would just be old fashion dodgeball.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It does sound fun, but I'm thinking the overall appeal for this mode will end after about 20 minutes (tops)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom