DOD:Source... on monday o/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't wait to play DOD: Source on monday! I think i'll be playing this more than CZ if I like it.

=\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm so pissed. A year ago, I bought this game along with HL2. I figured it'd be released maybe in winter, maybe early summer at the latest.

Wrong.

Right when I leave for school, it's announced it's coming out. September friggin' 26th. Right when my connectoin is ASS AND A HALF. 300 ping everywhere I go.

I'm gonna go cry now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't wait. I already made a thread about this, but oh well. They have videos on IGN if you guys wanna go check them out. Personally, besides FPS lag, I know DOD: S will own soo hard.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys know you need to pay to buy it unless you have that stupid gold or whatever version right? It's not a free mod anymore.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And it had better play like a game I paid for. It's inexcusably late, too, and we should be getting discounts, but no sir. Regardless, silver version is only ten more dollars than gold, so if you wanted it when you got half life, you could have had it paid for. I don't really see it being worth 20 dollars unless you're really into world war 2 games.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, i'm hoping there will somehow be a way to play it without paying. Which I highly doubt it possible.. but here's hoping.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
And it had better play like a game I paid for. It's inexcusably late, too, and we should be getting discounts, but no sir. Regardless, silver version is only ten more dollars than gold, so if you wanted it when you got half life, you could have had it paid for. I don't really see it being worth 20 dollars unless you're really into world war 2 games.
You mean gold is only 25 dollars more than silver. Anyway, I think it was well worth the wait, considering at first they were only going to do a simple port over. They have totally revamped pretty much everything. Looks super hawt for anyone who hasn't seen the latest videos. So, if you already haven't purchased it, silver pack includes DOD: S and is only $10 more than Bronze pack, which of course, does not include it.

See you tomorrow on the DOD: S servers :)

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
So I bought Silver Pack. Does that mean I get it?
You bought something without looking to see what you recieve?? o_O

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, you don't get it. It's okay. Go ahead, be pissed. I bought HL2 thinking it came with DoD:S for free. Boy was I wrong. I'm so pissed that you have to PAY for DoD: S!!!!

God that really grinds my gears >.>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
No, you don't get it. It's okay. Go ahead, be pissed. I bought HL2 thinking it came with DoD:S for free. Boy was I wrong. I'm so pissed that you have to PAY for DoD: S!!!!

God that really grinds my gears >.>
wtf, yes you do. If you bought silver pack, you get DOD: S with it. READ

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Growler said:
wtf, yes you do. If you bought silver pack, you get DOD: S with it. READ
I hate getting lied to :(

Sorry, it's not that I didn't read, it's that someone told me other wise.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The game got leaked early yesterday, just for your knowledge. Of course, I wouldn't know, I'm not into that ****.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
itr said:
You bought something without looking to see what you recieve?? o_O
I dunno, I paid for HL2 in 2004...it was a long time ago. I know they're real busy with that one level and all, though...

EDIT: What the hell is so different about DoD source that makes it worth paying for, anyway?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was looking forward to this game, but it looks like I won't be able to play it now. Valves latest update to the hl2 engine messed up my hl2 and its mods. My fps is now low as hell (10 - 20), even when I turn hdr off...

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The game has an RPG class now, the SMG class can punch people now... smoke nades (were they in DOD1?), nade launchers, iron sights, HDR and general prettyness, physics, ability to deploy machine gun on any ledge, and a rehauled flag capturing system. There's probably more I'm forgetting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom