Do you guys workout?

Best answers
Zeonix is right, if you want to become really strong you have to train with weights. some people say that ist better to workout with your own body weight, that is true, but eventually it will be easier and easier(not sure I spelled that right) so you will have to use weights!!!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For breakfast I usually make something with eggs, between breakfast and lunch I'll eat tuna, for lunch I'll make a big meal involving using beef or poultry, more tuna between then and dinner, and then a light dinner using whatever I see first. If I get bored of those foods, I switch them out with other things. That said, I like various kinds of meat and I eat a lot of it. I also snack a lot. That said, I don't really spend more than 200-250 a month on food. I also take protein to supplement my diet, usually 2 or 3 scoops a day, where one scoop is 24g. Don't base any of what you do on what I do, however, as my life is probably far more active than yours, meaning even when I'm not working out, I'm working out. I need the energy to sustain me, otherwise I'd burn through everything.

Focusing on you, what's your daily diet usually consist of? How much protein powder are you taking (keeping in mind protein powder is meant to supplement your daily protein intake, and not be solely responsible for it)? What does your exercise regiment consist of?
I take 1 scoop an hour after every workout, half scoops with meals on active rest days. I eat a lot of eggs, rice, beans, peanut butter over bread (no jelly unless I'm eating before a workout), fruits (bananas, apples, oranges). I don't like many vegetables so I buy V8 and shoot 1 serving straight back every day so I don't taste it.

I try pretty hard to eat healthy. I've all but sworn off fast food and fried foods. I generally take in about 900 calories every day as time allows. I work 6 days a week and my job is 99% manual labor. I'm always on my feet, always walking so when I workout I skip cardio, especially since most of my workouts are after I get out of work.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First, don't take a scoop an hour after working out. Take it after working out. The time between you finish a work out, and an hour later is called the golden hour. If you're taking it after that golden hour, you're not maximizing results. Secondly, 900 calories a day can't be right. If that's what your intake is, not only will you never see results, you're also probably going to end up being sickly and weak in the long run. The average person is supposed to consume 2000ish calories a day. I consume between 3 and 5, depending on the day and my activities. Why? Because I'm burning like 1500 calories just by being alive, and whatever I'm doing that day burns up the rest. This doesn't mean start calorie counting or anything, but know that you're definitely not eating enough. Supplements are just that. They're to fill in the gaps, not take the place of proper nutrition.

Eating healthily doesn't mean eating like a vegetarian which, minus the eggs, sounds like what you're going for. Your body requires energy to build itself. If you're doing manual labor (I'm pretending you mean either construction or carpentry for the sake of argument), and then doing manual labor on top of that, you're burning through what you're eating, and then through your reserves, and then some. If you're constantly burning, how can you hope to repair your body, let alone build your musculature? If you're living an active lifestyle, your diet has to reflect that, especially if you're trying to look better, or be bigger, or more importantly, be physically fit.

So get back to me on whether or not you're actually only consuming 900 calories a day. Diet seems to be the primary issue. After that, we'll talk about your workout regiment.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Roughly 1000 per day, yeah. I'm having trouble finding healthy food I like, this is a major change in diet for me and I'm trying to adjust. I'm not going for a vegetarian lifestyle at all, but I do want to be healthier.

Edit: Also, heartbreak for the past 8 months has made it hard for me to eat, sleep and do other basic things humans do. Sub can confirm this.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Roughly 1000 per day, yeah. I'm having trouble finding healthy food I like, this is a major change in diet for me and I'm trying to adjust. I'm not going for a vegetarian lifestyle at all, but I do want to be healthier.

Edit: Also, heartbreak for the past 8 months has made it hard for me to eat, sleep and do other basic things humans do. Sub can confirm this.
As long as your intake is 1000 calories a day, you aren't going to see many, if any, gains, and you're probably going to end up doing long term damage to yourself. If you're going to let your emotions rule you, that's your prerogative. Mood's a thing for cattle or making love. Sometimes, you have to just push all of that baggage to the side if you want to get things done. At some point, you're going to have to perform some major introspection and understand that whatever you're worrying about really isn't that big of a deal. Stop wallowing in self-pity, get your shit together, and then you can focus on sculpting your body. The body is a machine, the mind is its software. Can't do much if the latter is ****ed.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm going to try to force myself to eat a hell of a lot more, and thankfully she's finally out of sight as of last Saturday and I think things will be getting much better from now on. Thanks Zeo.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Any time, man.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
If you want an example of exercises to do while working out or combinations here is a list I normally do during the week

Chest / Triceps:

Flat bench
Incline dumbbells
Dumbbell flys
Cable Flys
Dumbbell pullovers
Bench dips
Overhead dumbbell extensions
Tricep pushdowns
Dumbell kickbacks
Close grip bench
Skull crushers

Back / Biceps:

Wide grip pull-ups
Close grip pull-ups
Chin-ups
Mountain climbers
Lateral pull down
Cable Low rows
Dumbbell rows
Reverse dumbbell flys
Back extensions (NO weights)
Good mornings
Dead-lifts
French curls
21’s (3 continous sets of 7, 7, 7 from low to mid, mid to upper, and full curl)
Hammer curls
Seated dumbbell curls
One-arm concentration curls

Legs / Shoulders:

Squats
Hack-squats
Leg press
Machine leg curls
Machine leg extensions
Machine hip abduction
Machine hip adduction
Standing calf raises
Dumbbell lunges
Para-troopers
Military press
Alternating dumbbell press
Dumbbell lateral raises
Dumbbell forward raises
Shrugs
Dumbbell shrugs
Bar raises

Abs:

Incline sit-ups and crunches
Weighted sit-ups (with medicine ball)
Leg raises
Raised crunches
Butterfly kicks
Bicycle kicks
Side crunches

Food and Nutrition: I eat small meals throughout the day (don't starve myself by any means). Here's what I buy from Stop & Shop, might want to try a few to see if you like them:

Chobani non-fat greek yogurt
Silk soy milk light (vanilla or regular)
Non-fat cottage cheese
Kashi Go Lean
Kashi Go Lean Crunch
Nature's promise whole wheat bread
Stone ground Inglehoffer mustard (instead of mayo)
Nature's promise light turkey (50% less sodium)
Light swiss (or alpine)
Green peppers, celery, carrots
Hummus (garlic lovers, roasted red pepper)
Go Lean Creamy truly vanilla hot cereal
Village Farm Whole grain oatmeal (cranberry)
Quaker Weight Control instant oatmeal
Quaker whole grain steel cut oats
Carolina 100% whole grain brown rice
Frozen tilapia filets
Herring in wine sauce
Fresh yams (quick snack - cook in microwave for 2.5 minutes per)
Fresh chopped garlic. I use that on everything
Tuna - both Albacore and Chunk light
98% fat free stir-fry chicken strips
Any real green vegetables. Sugar snap peas, peas, green beans, edamame, broccoli

Supplements:
Protein: Within 20 minutes of waking up, and 20 minutes after workout I recommend Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard
BCAA (Amino Acids): For use during workout. I fill a water bottle and drink it steady throughout gym time. I recommend Xtend (better taste) or USP Labs Modern BCAA (better BCAA profile)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That diet won't work for him. It already sounds like hes underweight.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
That diet won't work for him. It already sounds like hes underweight.
yea for him it wouldn't most likely. I have a feeling most ESF forumites are either one or the other extreme. It does change diet and eating habits substantially.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea for him it wouldn't most likely. I have a feeling most ESF forumites are either one or the other extreme. It does change diet and eating habits substantially.
Im pretty middle ground myself. Not really fit, but not really unfit. Then again i do quite a bit of hiking. Just no real working out.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
4 to 5 days a week. Basically I work out on a '2 days on 1 day off' schedule. Sometimes that means 4 times in one week, other times it means 5. This is subject to other commitments (eg. being engaged) but I manage to stay pretty consistent.

Just a nice person :)
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I never work out as well. I feel kinda fit by just doing my thing (bicycling and walking). I honestly won't be able to sustain any fat on my body if I would train.
Can't eat fast enough to get heavy..

Best answers
Working out is one of the good things in my life i feel pretty good after a good workout

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom