Do you guys workout?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I train 6 days a week. It's a non-issue. I'm just in ridiculously good shape.
Try 7 :cool:
Tough i am a bit lazy atm, havent done almost anything since september, since school started O_O
Need some extra motivation xD

Best answers
You can train 6 time a week, its really good for the health, but if you train the same muscels in these 6 days, you will end up hurting your self!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try 7 :cool:
Tough i am a bit lazy atm, havent done almost anything since september, since school started O_O
Need some extra motivation xD
7?! That's impossible!

I really hate all of you.

@zerororororororororo: Yes, we know. That's why you cycle through muscle groups. Jesus.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have it on good authority that I can do everything in that video.

And then there were none.
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I've recently begun to get myself into shape. And now I go to my college gym twice to three times a week and karate training twice a week at a local dojo as well.
I'm feeling like a boss because I'm in the best shape of my life, and it just keeps getting better.

Proud owner of ESF:Final
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
3 days a week is enough pumping to build a good body

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
3 out of 7 days is enough to have an average-looking body. Not enough to actually do anything impressive with it, unless you're going so ridiculously hard, that you somehow need 4 days of rest.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Something "impressive" is pretty relative though. And some may have better baseline physique than others and might have an easier way building muscle. There is no "right way" when it comes to exercise :) it depends what your goal is..

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Something "impressive" is pretty relative though. And some may have better baseline physique than others and might have an easier way building muscle. There is no "right way" when it comes to exercise :) it depends what your goal is..
There absolutely is a right way to exercise. Look at how professional athletes and military personnel exercise and train, and then compare that to whatever you're doing 3 times a week. There's a reason they're ridiculously physically fit and 99% of this forum isn't. It isn't genetics. It's effort.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Yeah sure, there is a way to exercise so that most people will benefit from it. I am just stating that you are not 100% correct in your statement that you can not do anything impressive with only 3 days of work out as the notion of "impressive" is relative and also depends on what goal you have with your exercise e.g. aerobic vs anaerobic. And please refrain from trying to make it personal, I never said anything about my workout schedule.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah sure, there is a way to exercise so that most people will benefit from it. I am just stating that you are not 100% correct in your statement that you can not do anything impressive with only 3 days of work out as the notion of "impressive" is relative and also depends on what goal you have with your exercise e.g. aerobic vs anaerobic. And please refrain from trying to make it personal, I never said anything about my workout schedule.
If you're going to resort to semantics and subjectivity as it applies to a single word, that being "impressive", and its the only thing you're taking issue with, then you don't have a leg to stand on in this exchange. If you can provide an example of something you deem to be impressive that you're capable of doing because you work out 3 days a week, or if anyone else in this thread can provide such an example, I'm all ears.

Aerobic or anaerobic, someone who works out more frequently and targets all muscle groups will be better off than the person who doesn't. If you're targeting one muscle group per each of the 3 days, you're effectively working out that muscle group once a week. That isn't enough for anything other than maintenance, really.

Also, because you didn't and continue not to provide us with your training schedule, I'm going to group you into the 3 days or less category. That's effectively the "I'm a dbz warrior" bracket.

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I have it on good authority that I can do everything in that video.
Hopefully with a shirt on? :O

Am I the only one that thinks, that people who work out shirtless in outdoor places and film each other are ***s?

I get how difficult the stuff they're doing is but cmon now...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Am I the only one that thinks, that people who work out shirtless in outdoor places and film each other are ***s?

Wow .

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sure a lot of people here are also homophobes. I'm not one of them.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers

when I would lift/workout I would be shirtless and near a mirror so I could see the tension/check my form. I've worked out with friends who also did the same thing and we weren't all scared of turning gay

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Like a said, being impressive is relative and all depends on what you want to accomplish with your workout. When I was 16 years old, 182 cm tall and weighed about 72 kg (never stepped foot in a gym at that time) I could do a double handed dunk on a 3.05m basketball hoop. Which approximately meant I jumped 60 cm in the air with my legs fully stretched out. Something that I am very proud of and find impressive, now you may disagree that it is not impressive, however I did have to train the ability in order to accomplish this feat but I did so with only a jumping rope as I had always had the ability to jump high and run fast (explosiveness). Hence again, depending on what you want to accomplish with your workout, and other factors such as baseline physique and genetics, there is no "right way" to exercise. However, if we are strictly talking about working out and building muscle (becoming bigger), sure 3+ day a week may be needed, but still this does not apply for everyone even if it is true for you.

And in the end, I was unaware of that I had to provide my training schedule in order to be a part of this discussion. Even somebody in the "I'm a dbz warrior" bracket can fully participate in this discussion.

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm sure a lot of people here are also homophobes. I'm not one of them.
I wouldn't say im a homophobe, but I find it ridicilous. It's just my opinion, of course not everybody thinks the same way I do.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like a said, being impressive is relative and all depends on what you want to accomplish with your workout. When I was 16 years old, 182 cm tall and weighed about 72 kg (never stepped foot in a gym at that time) I could do a double handed dunk on a 3.05m basketball hoop. Which approximately meant I jumped 60 cm in the air with my legs fully stretched out. Something that I am very proud of and find impressive, now you may disagree that it is not impressive, however I did have to train the ability in order to accomplish this feat but I did so with only a jumping rope as I had always had the ability to jump high and run fast (explosiveness). Hence again, depending on what you want to accomplish with your workout, and other factors such as baseline physique and genetics, there is no "right way" to exercise. However, if we are strictly talking about working out and building muscle (becoming bigger), sure 3+ day a week may be needed, but still this does not apply for everyone even if it is true for you.

And in the end, I was unaware of that I had to provide my training schedule in order to be a part of this discussion. Even somebody in the "I'm a dbz warrior" bracket can fully participate in this discussion.
And like I said, you're focusing on a single word to make a case that need not be made. What will net you better gains: working out 3 times a week, or working out 5? 6? What will make you more physically fit? Working all muscle groups or working one? If there were two of you, who would be physically superior: the one who just barely exercised, or the one who made it a part of his lifestyle? With all things equal, the person who practices their craft more often will be better at it than the person who practices as an after thought. This applies to the machine that is your body. It does not improve unless it is taken to its limits often. It does not improve unless you attempt to exceed the level at which you normally perform. One must strive to exceed that level. So again, unless those 3 days are Lethal Weapon 1-3, you're not doing very much to improve. You're coasting. Your body is adapting to a routine, and you're plateauing.

Being physically fit isn't "I can bench 400 lbs, but I can't squat my body weight". That makes you good at one particular thing. Can you also run quickly, and for an extended period of time? Can you do so while carrying weight? Have you mastered your body? This is why being able to jump is unimpressive. If you focus on one aspect of yourself, you may end up being better at that one thing than a lot of other people, but you're specialized. You aren't truly physically fit. And if you can't compete with college-level or NBA-level athletes, your specialization isn't impressive either, from a purely objective perspective. You're better than people who don't practice what you do. The man who plays tetris everyday is better than people who don't play tetris at all. But if he isn't beating professional tetris players, he's just a dude who plays tetris a lot. If your highlight in life is jumping high when you were 16, and you haven't surpassed yourself since then, and what you did then couldn't hope to compete with the big leagues, what is there to be impressed about? Would you be impressed with someone who only went to school 3 days a week, and didn't actually take a full set of classes, because they didn't want to learn too much?

Working out isn't solely for the purpose of being big, unless you're a professional body builder. That's what all of you are hooked on, apparently, which is why 3 days seems like enough for everyone. Oh, I'm not trying to get huge, I just want to look average. Great. For me, working out is about full-body mastery, and finding and surpassing my limits. What one does to increase one's size isn't necessarily what one does to increase one's strength. Will you get bigger anyway? Of course. That's just how muscles work. But its efficiency, and strength and speed and endurance and flexibility and agility that I'm after. I want my body to actually be capable of doing things, rather than looking pretty (if you're magus, or 13) or average (3 days a week). You can jump. Super. But how far can you carry a man? How much punishment can your body take before it fails you? These are the metrics by which I was trained, so for me to see people say, "Oh, I work out 3 days a week because I don't want to overtrain" boggles my mind. Why? Because its completely bullshit. You're not going to overtrain if you work out 6 days a week unless every single day, you're exercising the same muscle groups, and doing the same exercises over and over again. Then not only are you overtraining, but you're barely improving, if at all.

That's why I take issue with 3 times a week is enough. It isn't, unless you're not really doing anything. You don't need weights to train. Everything you need, you already have. Just go outside. But I guarantee even without anything, you guys aren't pushing yourselves very hard.

Also, if you cared to actually read the post you responded to, you'd realize I said if you were going to be pedantic and focus on a single word, you didn't have a leg to stand on. Not providing a work out routine or even a general statement on what you do puts you into the DBZ SUPER WARRIOR club by default since there's nothing else to go on. If you're intent on being offended, do so for the right reasons. Like me saying you're weak and you're living in the past if you peaked at 16.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom