do you guys have any sponsors

Best answers
i was wondering do you guys have sponsors or a patreon page ho is supporting you????????

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope and nope.

We are doing this primarily for ourselves and our own experience. A passion project/hobby kind of thing. Ofcourse learning new stuff comes with it to. So we are not looking for any monetary gains from ESF.

Best answers
Nope and nope.

We are doing this primarily for ourselves and our own experience. A passion project/hobby kind of thing. Ofcourse learning new stuff comes with it to. So we are not looking for any monetary gains from ESF.
You guys don't even have a donation page or anything? I mean at least try and open one so it could go towards the game or something. It just blows my mind that you guys aren't getting any profit off of all of this hard work.

Death from Above
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't want it

It's a learning experience/hobby

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
Some communities including this one could be happy to give something back to the devs as a thank you for all of their hard work, its another branch for publicity too :)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
maybe when the mod is done, you guys could open paypal donations as thank you like you said

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
maybe when the mod is done, you guys could open paypal donations as thank you like you said
Thats one grat way to get the project shut down you know (including download links), not to mention getting lawsuits for lost revenue.

Only go forward sideways
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
To be fair, Patreon seems like a good spin on the idea because we would be donating money to you to keep creating "creative" content, whatever that may be, and not donating specifically for THIS project. As far as I know, most of your staff has their hands in some other creative projects too. This way they could never sue you for getting money for this mod specifically.

Another similar way to go would be to create a donating page for every staff member individually, again changing the focus away from it being seen as monetary gain from this project specifically. If one staff gets more money than the other you can then discuss spreading the money around if necessary or such at your discretion. Very much like tips in a restaurant.

Hell, you could do any of the above and not even mention ESF...

Last edited:
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
i'm sure there's some loop hole you guys can sift through, maybe create a page specifically stating "we created some cool free mods" (obviously more in depth then that) like IFlip92 says, you don't even have to mention esf.

Program or add some funny features into the game and pass it off as a parody for fair use :)

I know patreon aren't stupid either and everything i've posted may not work?

Former Forcepit Member :(
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
if esf started a donation page it would tottaly undermime there ability of fair use on the copyright laws

Only go forward sideways
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
if esf started a donation page it would tottaly undermime there ability of fair use on the copyright laws
Read what I said again... You don't start a donation page for ESF. You start a donation page for the people working on ESF as well as their other creative content. Easy mode.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Read what I said again... You don't start a donation page for ESF. You start a donation page for the people working on ESF as well as their other creative content. Easy mode.
That doesnt work in court im afraid.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Lol, I think we should just let the devs do their thing and wait patiently.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
Best answers
I'm sorry but this made my day, almost died from laughter. My kind of humour.

🌈 Beta Tester
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’  SΕ«pā LΓ©géñdārΓ½
Best answers
People are begging the devs to let them donate lol

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
This was a problem for Bid For Power (a Quake III Arena mod that once used DBZ material till it got hit with a cease and desist order, resulting in different characters along with attacks). Not only that, it was a common issue on BYOND where there were many DBZ games expecting donations and someone actually filed a report that resulted in a mass ban of DBZ games on BYOND due to a cease and desist order.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
why dont you just draw a shitty picture in MSpaint and we can donate to that instead ;)

"WOWW SUCH AMAZING WORK!!! HERES Β£5!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom