Discord / Forum Link Registration System Changes

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
So, there was a bit of a drama today.. so let us briefly explain the hows, what and why.

On discord, a member (or a few) decided to spam up the general chat and DM our users claiming they have a copy of ESF Final. This is a very old leaked build and is not to be compared with the ESF Inteam build that exists today. The leaked build had a steamID verification system into it which after over a year apparently has been bypassed. The leaked build in question is ancient, has many broken features and if by any chance multiplayer is playable, it crashes often and the lag makes it totally unplayable.

Some people just really like to kill the development of games for their own selfish gain. And the lack of respect for the team I might add. While we do have a general idea who is behind all of this, we decided not to go into this right now. So, If you by any chance have received a DM regarding the leaked build it is best to ignore it.

Due to this, we are making some changes on how to join our discord server. You are required to be a forum member and ESF Discord server member if you wish to access our discord server in full. The process is easy and hopefully, harmless ;).

BE SURE TO JOIN THE DISCORD SERVER FIRST BEFORE EVEN TRYING TO LINK YOUR DISCORD ACCOUNT. AND BE SURE THAT YOU LINK THE PROPER DISCORD ACCOUNT, NOT SOME KIND OF ALT THAT YOU HAVE!

Follow the following 3 steps. (If you already are a member, skip to 3#)

1), Join the ESF Discord server if you haven't done so: https://discord.esforces.com
2), Register (or login) a/your forum account: https://forum.esforces.com/register/

If you don't have a forum account yet, it might be quicker for you to register through discord instead:

1574506048084.png

3), Once you've logged into the forums, click on https://forum.esforces.com/account/connected-accounts/ and link your Discord Account. This is not needed if you have registered your forum profile using discord.

That's it. Once you've done so, you should receive the 📡 Forum Member role on discord. If you think anything has gone wrong, you are welcome to make a reply and we'll help you out.

--- Possible Asked Questions ---

[Q]: Is this safe?
[A]: Yes. The only information the forum saves is your discord public userID. As per database example of my own profile:

1574506588583.png

The forums only acts as a middleman. Even when you register using discord or attempt to link your profile, you still have to enter your user and password data on the discord website, not ours.

[Q]: Help, I got this error!
This account's email is already associated with another member. Please log into that account to associate this account.
[A]: This means the email you are using on discord already exists on the forums, and you are not currently using that email on the forum profile you are currently logged in to. Most likely, you already have a forum account. You can either reply here or hit me up with a private message and we'll sort it out.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
⚡Sūpā Regula-jin
Best answers
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
My old account is deleted (siaho is recognized, but it says wrong password. None of my mails is recognized tho and I surely used one of them), but - done, created a new one and associated it. 😅

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I get

Oops! We ran into some problems.

This account's email is already associated with another member. Please log into that account to associate this account.

I can still see some channels on Discord but not the basic ones

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
What exactly does this change so the guy can't do it again?

Zzz
👑 Administrator
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💠 Sūpā Légéñdārý
Best answers
What exactly does this change so the guy can't do it again?
Everything as they can't get past the discord verfication with multiple accounts

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
For anyone else who gets the message:
This means that the email you are using for discord is also used on another forum account. Maybe consider you have another account here on the forums?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom