Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!!!

• Never Mind.... I EAT COOKIES!!!

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guys, have you ever considered disabling some of the features of 1.3 that are still in early stages of development? Not deleting the code, just locking it somehow so we can't use it. Like the new melee, which nearly hasn't been touched, and only makes the game annoying sometimes. I'm not talking about the features that are half done or a little less than half, but those who you started on recently and basically have no use in the game. I know that the main idea of the Open Beta is for the community to play a part in the development, but with this new melee we basically can't do anything, can't suggest anything about it or tweak it. Is this a good idea?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guys, have you ever considered disabling some of the features of 1.3 that are still in early stages of development? Not deleting the code, just locking it somehow so we can't use it. Like the new melee, which nearly hasn't been touched, and only makes the game annoying sometimes. I'm not talking about the features that are half done or a little less than half, but those who you started on recently and basically have no use in the game. I know that the main idea of the Open Beta is for the community to play a part in the development, but with this new melee we basically can't do anything, can't suggest anything about it or tweak it. Is this a good idea?

There is no new melee. You are using the leftover of the old 1.2 melee. The 1.3 melee isnt even in the open beta. So you cant complain about something thats not there. In other words. You are using ESF 1.2.3s melee.

Disable it with mp_simplemelee 1.

And yes the open beta is for development as in testing not competition.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, thanks for that. I just thought that any future features that will get started and I do mean just started, should be disabled, either with a command or otherwise, because they could be buggy and crash the game or burn your hard disk or something xD.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We leave the incompleted features in so that you guys can test them, and give us feedback on the direction we're taking them. It's alot easier to change something as we're working on it because people don't like its direction than it is to go back and redo everything.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes of course, but there's no point to testing the features that you just started on, for example, Tien's Tri-Beam. The code is done, but you haven't even started on the actual attack, the sprites and such, and the explosions. So there's no point having it in. Infact, it could be even spammed, because if there's no sprites, and the code is done so technically the attack DOES do damage, your enemy has absolutely no way of knowing that the attack is being prepared or executed. That's what I mean. Then we'd have the chance to test it once the next update comes out, if you guys decide to work on it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes of course, but there's no point to testing the features that you just started on, for example, Tien's Tri-Beam. The code is done, but you haven't even started on the actual attack, the sprites and such, and the explosions. So there's no point having it in. Infact, it could be even spammed, because if there's no sprites, and the code is done so technically the attack DOES do damage, your enemy has absolutely no way of knowing that the attack is being prepared or executed. That's what I mean. Then we'd have the chance to test it once the next update comes out, if you guys decide to work on it.
Note to you. The sprites and all that stuff is beeing made for the comunity. You know Tien project.

The onlything the team will do for Tien is implant him ingame. Sprites and sounds come from the comunity.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tien's Tri-Beam. The code is done, but you haven't even started on the actual attack, the sprites and such, and the explosions. So there's no point having it in. your enemy has absolutely no way of knowing that the attack is being prepared or executed.
Welcome to Beta Testing, we hope you enjoy your stay.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Welcome to Beta Testing, we hope you enjoy your stay.
Uh.....whatever. Well no matter just tell me if there are any more cvars maybe to turn off an attack that's buggy by using a command? Just curious.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its beta testing, like Joe said before the team isn't going to go out of their way to make sure every build sent out is going to be perfect for playing with because thats not what beta testing is for its for testing.

It was nice enough that Joe put a block on the power level command because I would have to reboot my server every couple of hours or so.
You know you can just stick with 1.2 and wait till 1.3 is fully complete and stable to play with your buddies.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm...now that I look at it that way it makes sense. The team doesn't need to be burdened with this stuff when they're already making an awesome mod. Yeah, you're right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom