Direct IP

Best answers
hey guys, is it possible to connect directly to another computer via IP address with the regular half-life interface, steam gives me the ****es* sorry for the swear word. WON going down i dont think should matter at all, But i thought id ask anyhow.

- Malrak

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can type connect 123.456.789.0 in the console to connect to another ip.

Best answers
thats ... uh, great and all, but could you please tell me some real IP's you know of? popular servers please. it would be a huge huge help.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's not going to help you unless you're connecting through steam. Half-Life uses Won to connect to games. So even if you type 'connect IP' in the old Half-Life interface, you're not going to get anywhere.

Without Steam, you're out of luck. There is no way to directly connect in Half-Life.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
That's not going to help you unless you're connecting through steam. Half-Life uses Won to connect to games. So even if you type 'connect IP' in the old Half-Life interface, you're not going to get anywhere.

Without Steam, you're out of luck. There is no way to directly connect in Half-Life.
That post almost wants to make me try a theory of mine. Mainly cause even though you didnt say it to me, its like you told me that I couldn't do something which makes me try harder.
But then of course there the need of still having WON installed :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom