didnt know where to put it so here it is!!

Best answers
I am working on a model
(I am not going to post pic or anything until it is finished)BTW not videl)
but I am trying to create a new attack and I was wondering what is used to edit the programming so I can add the attack and the the model itself as a new class..
ohh and if this sort of thing is on a sticky sorry I couldnt find it.....

Best answers
You CAN'T make a new class, or a new attack!!! You can make an attack (say kamehameha) have different animations, BUT YOU CAN'T ADD NEW CLASSES OR ATTACKS!!!

Best answers
well actually you can how do you think they did it.... hello,, I just need to know what to use to edit it..... >.< "duh"

forgot to mention,, isnt it done with the sdk thing and some kind of utility to decompile certain files.....

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can't change....

damage values, charge times, speed

You can change...

Models, animations, what the attacks look like (sprites only, you can't add extra models or anything to an attack)

Basically, you can't change anything other than appearances.

-Karrde-

Best answers
yes thats it thats what I want,, use existing attack but change say sprites and such (But you are sure I cant just add an attack right) cause I do think that you can do that somehow....

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nope, you couldn't add any attack unless you had the source code... which isn't going to happen with the beta version of ESF. Even if you did do it, you wouldn't be able to join servers to play...

Best answers
I know about that part, I really cant play online anyway... because I am on a satalite connection lan,, I download fast, but game upload time is excruciatingly slow..
or in other words I just want this for my personal lan games and programming experience..
(yea I know I couldnt get the most recent source code, but I need at least beta 1.0 so I can include transformations)

Best answers
Well IF for some reason you got a hold of source code, you would use some sort of C++ programming tool, such as MS Visual C++, or just a stand-alone compiler, such as DJGPP

Best answers
ahh yes exactly, I have the alpha code but its a little too old because I want to be able to play with the scripting for transformations and such,, (I know it is probably impossible for me to get the source but I can dream)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom