Dial-up having upload over 300?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, some time ago a friend of mine told me that on dial-up you have an upload speed of over 300. I said no way, but I'm inclined to believe him if just slightly. If anyone can confirm this then I'm definitely gonna start using dial-up to play online!! XD It's highly unlikely though, since I remember playing jedi academy online with dial up. It lagged like hell, and when I was using my cable connection there was much less lag. But just in case he's right, anyone have anything to say on this?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe he meant ping, because that sounds more believable.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, he actually said that dial-up's upload is 336 kilobits per second. I laughed my ass off first, but decided to ask here anyway.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thought he was talking ****. Thanks you guys. Now I can go rub it in his face that I was RIGHT XD

Best answers
I recently converted to broadband. Crappy broadband that is. If dialup was really that fast, it'd be faster than my broadband upload speeds!

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also of note, most american standard phone lines can only carry 36kbps upload, as it is rare to have an all digital connection back to the isp. Downloads higher than that are achieved through compression of data coming from the digital end.

Best answers
hereabouts, we get like 54 kbps with dialup... but really... Dialup still exists?

EDIT: Hmm Heres an interesting find.
Dialup speeds have said to go over 9000!11
All your dials are belong to us:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom