Diablo two getting better?

Best answers
"Blizzard closes a large number of Battle.net accounts tied to use of cheat programs.

On its Battle.net Web site, Blizzard has announced that more than 112,000 Diablo II accounts have been closed as a part of its aggressive campaign to prevent cheating on its online service. These closed accounts were tied to the use of a hack or cheating program, and the CD keys associated with the accounts will be disabled in the case of repeat offenders. Blizzard also noted that it has identified accounts that have used a third-party map-hack program, and these accounts will be closed if use of the map-hack continues. Blizzard asks Battle.net players to report instances of cheating by sending e-mail to [email protected].

By Sam Parker, GameSpot [POSTED: 06/10/03 04:06 PM]"

That's a lot of accounts, with more than a few of them probably having the high level pc's on the ladders.
Could mean a huge change on D2, as well as get rid of some of the l337 kids on there.

*article at http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/diablo2expansionsetlod/news_6029797.html*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All 112 accounts were probly owned by 4 11 year old kiddies who sell hacked stuff on ebay.

Best answers
Originally posted by UltraPerfectCel
All 112 accounts were probly owned by 4 11 year old kiddies who sell hacked stuff on ebay.
mmmm dude thats 112,000 accounts

Best answers
Hmm, I quit after the huge dupe event. I have a hundred constriction rings sitting in my inventory and around 10 .08 gazes..honestly, there is not a whole lot more needed. Well, I did. Think it had been over the amount of time needed to keep my characters active..so probably a few legit windforces and all kinds of the such have been sent back to nothingness, hehe.

Best answers
i still play the game but it's almost never in public most probably with friends... since we are a non hacking/ duping group ...

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its about f'ing time. I won't let my brother use my computer anymore because he was using a map hack that his friend gave him. I told him before that not too and he said ok but he went ahead and did so. I despise cheating and feel you only cheat because you can't win any other way.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pff... ain't nothing wrong with map hack... I don't see that as cheating, I sometimes use maphack myself. (That is, back when I still played D2 on BNet :rolleyes: )

And I heard that Blizzard is gonna release the 1.10 patch some time soon. There's gonna be a WHOLE lot of new stuff in it, like unique jewels n stuff, can't wait to try it out :devgrin:

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A cheat is something that isnt included in the game that you benefit from. Maphack is totally a cheat lol

Best answers
I got all my accounts deleted and all i used was map hack which just showed you the map. I lost all my stuff i had earned from rushing people and playing a long time i found 2 windforces which i was happy to of found. Then i went on and bamm my accounts where gone.

Best answers
I lost all my d2 chars when I went to utah for 4 months and since you can only be offline for 3 months my account was gone when I came home. Sucks losing your account :(

Best answers
Lol i can see it,One day blizzard decidedes to close every account that has maphack, and their site would say"Today all but 3 accounts on diablo 2 were closed today due to the cheating program map hack"

Lid

L
Originally posted by Ryudo Geohound
I got all my accounts deleted and all i used was map hack which just showed you the map. I lost all my stuff i had earned from rushing people and playing a long time i found 2 windforces which i was happy to of found. Then i went on and bamm my accounts where gone.
"all i did was use maphack"... yeah it's a hack, it says it in the name, it's a cheat, suck.

I love never using a hack in my life and playing in the Legit D2 team, much more fun.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Scorcher2k
A cheat is something that isnt included in the game that you benefit from. Maphack is totally a cheat lol
Well then, depends on how you use it... I used it ONLY to see the entire map, after it revealed it, I would switch it off immediately. I only do this so I see which way I have to go... I don't call that a real benefit :S just saves you a little time.

Best answers
lid a maphack does it ever damages someone or whatever , it is some sort of hack but no one has problems with it if u use it cuz its easyer to boost someone or sumthing(especialy on hc) the only ppl who don't like it are blizzard and ppl who are just TOO strickt...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom