Devil May Cry 3

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So how many of you have tried this game and are playing it on normal mode?

This game is just freakin crazy. It took me a good 30 minutes too beat the second stage on normal and I cried when the easy mode thing popped up but I still kept giving it a try on normal and finally beat that stupid wraith. I found the first missions are the most hardest of all once you get the feel of the game and your weapons upgraded you can go at it a lot better. For the first few bosses I was being a cheap bastard AIRHIKE, E&I hehe.

I'm on mission 10 and close too smashing the controller on the ground and stomping on it if I don't beat it soon.

Overall I think this is a game too pickup if you have a ps2 because you will spend hours and hours on it especially on normal I'm afraid too unlock dante must die mode and give that a try I'll have my ass handed too me probably in the first 10 seconds of the fight haha.

The only problems I've found with it was the stupid camera capcom needs too fix this camera problem and when you fight the minions you hear the same song over and over I wish they would have made a track with about 20 songs so it doesn't get old fast.

So lets hear your comments/reviews on the game good and bad are allowed.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm buying this game today. I'll get back to you with thoughts.

Best answers
Blah, not out over here until Friday, but I dare say I'll be going in and picking up a copy at 9.00am sharp. I've been waiting for a game to challenge me the way Ninja Gaiden did since, well, Ninja Gaiden :p I get the feeling it's going to consume the second week of my holidays though. If it's as tough as people say, I'm going to have to complete it on at least Hard mode just to say that I've done it :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I heard it's one of the hardest games on the PS2 to date :p

But yeah, I too will be picking this up on Friday along with DBZ: Sagas and GT4. Metal Gear Solid 3...really didn't last too long.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have 3 words for you.

Best. Game. EVER!

Just like IGN said, from the beginning it throws you RIGHT into the actio without much help. The cutscenes made my pants melt, and god is it hard.

Best game on PS2 to date. **** God of War, DMC 3 is where it's at.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SuperSaiyaChris: Don't you like how you can knock the enemy down then start riding it and shoot the enemies at the same time? Its so friggin helpful. Also did you switch it over too easy or are you playing it on normal like I said? Trust me its a lot more fun and rewarding on normal then it is on easy and also I heard the japanese hard mode is the North American normal mode so just imagine what dante must die mode will be like or if theres one above that my god that will be impossible hehe.

Ravendust, ~`Orochi`~, -JLN-: You guys will defiantely want too add this gem too your collection hehe.

Also Ravendust when you grab dbz sagas let me know your opinion on it I'm having a bit of doubts on this game but budokai 3 brought me back too the dbz scene for a bit so maybe this game will aswell heh.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm playing on Normal, and I'm on Mission 03 so far only. I haven't died yet, so I'm coping. I hope to someday be able to play this on DMD. Good god that must be insane! Also, yeah, the riding of the enemies is so hillarious and useful. You ever try to slash the pole in the strip club? When you try to, Dante spins around it Neo style. Are you still using the Ebony and Ivory or did you switch to the shotgun? The SG is too slow for my taste.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One question: We all know DMC2 sucked in comparison to it's predecessor, does DMC3 beat DMC?

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've played DMC a little at an EB. But based on my experience with both, I say DMC 3 wins. I know nothing about the story of DMC and the way the game plays out, so don't trust me completely. DMC 3 is my first bought DMC game.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust: DMC was basically puzzle solving most of the time or trying too find where you are suppose too go DMC 2 I don't want too get started with heh DMC 3 in my opinion knocks DMC on its ass. If you like more action then puzzle solving you will enjoy this game very much.

SuperSaiyaChris: Ya the pole is killer and also remember you get ranked for you combat skills and thats how you earn your red orbs and style points to higher your style rank. Remember too switch amongst weapons too even during a fight you can start a combo in one weapon like rebellion and do combo I and then switch over too cerberus and start doing a combo II attack which just gives you wicked style points. First thing I suggest doing get E&I too the top level their your most useful weapon in the game you don't know how many times those 2 pistols saved my ass haha. The shotgun isn't a bad weapon but it destroys your combo and style ranks thats why I also have E&I equipped because they can keep your combos going and always remember don't do the same combo over and over this game does not like cheap little SOB's haha.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn this game looks and sounds sooooo crazy! I'm investing some money at the moment but when I make that paper i'll buy this game in a heart beat.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man am I all over the comment about E&I being useful. I actually levelled them up to 3 before I read this (i did stage 1 over and over) and they're pretty killer. Combos look crazy if you do them right. Like, my favorite is the long generic combo with the Rebellion, with a stinger and a continuous stab thing after it, followed by a juggle into the air with a jump along, some pistol shots and a shotgun shot to finish it all off.

I haven't yet beaten Cerberus, but I've only fought him once anyway. I was studying since 5 and just started playing again. I've lvl'd up E&I and learned some moves, gonna go give him a shot again.

I got a few A's while building up my E&I in stage 1. I even had a run with no damage taken. This is on Normal, btw, and I'm a darn n00b.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i beat it on normal and hard mode, i WAS gonna give DMD mode a try, but well KOTR2 isnt giving me a chance to touch my ps2

btw trickster > all

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh, DMC3 is probobly better than DMC1 but don't say it was about puzzles at all man. It was about as complicated as Wolfenstein. Like, they tried to be all Resident Evil-like and leave these riddles like "The Mark of Chastity is the Key to Valor" or some crap like that but really, it's basically "get key by killing things. unlock door." It's not hard to figure out because the areas weren't exactly mazes and there tended to be only a few interactive objects to look at.

Not that it mattered; the game was about action.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wholeheartedly agree, nuttzy, with your Trickster remark. Gunslinger is the coolest-looking, but it is weak and gives little style points.

Best answers
I was checking the GAME website today, and it says that this game is out on March 24th which is today in the UK. Now, I'm just wondering if anyone can confirm this for me, as I don't really want to go to the shop to find out it's not there.

Edit: Scrap that, went in and bought it :D
The game absoloutely freaking rocks. I'll comment more on it later.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just beat DMD mode, super dante kicks ass lol

too bad hoh mode sucks >_>

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, I just beat Mission 4 on Normal, my first playthrough. I'm past the (annoying) bloodgoyles and on my way to the end of Mission 5. 10-11 hrs of playtime. A lot of it was idling though, but I have patience. I mean, for god's sake, I spent 20 minutes on Gigapede alone.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, wait above the hole the gigapede comes out and jump and land on his head, get a lockon so you dont fall off and smack the crap out of his head

hitting the head with a melee attack does MAJOR damage, youll take off 1/4 his bar every time you land on his head if you kep attackin

you didnt just shoot him down did you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom