Detecting Enemies on a map

Former Forcepit Member :(
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
shadow warrior Frieza can not and will never be able to sence if you watch the frieza saga he asks the ginyu force to bring him a new scouter

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You're wrong, all characters can do this including buu,cell,frieza....etc
So if you want to say something make sure that your information is correct.
Here:

shadow warrior Frieza can not and will never be able to sence if you watch the frieza saga he asks the ginyu force to bring him a new scouter
Now you understand why the team chose only scouters for ESF?

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Dude... Give UP! The team itself is declining. STFU and stay still.
Otherwise, it's stupid. And the part you say "You don't hide all the time" lol? If you can hide for a little while, you can hide for much, too xd.

USELESS.
DENIED.
OWNAGE.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Autofacing a direction just cause someone is transforming is a horrible idea. Not only is it anoying, it also causes you to loose focus during your gameplay making you a target.

Scouter is simple, easy to use and it works. Any hard lockons are a bad idea in ESF. Remember the servers are no 1 on 1 they are FFA mostly. Meaning more than 2 people.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You're wrong, all characters can do this including buu,cell,frieza....etc
So if you want to say something make sure that your information is correct.
Get your information correct. Frieza/Ginyu Force needed a scouter because he couldn't sense energy. Vegeta at some point was interested in this as well, and when he started to train on earth, he too got the ability to sense energy rather than use a scouter. I think he said it as well, that it had something to do with earth.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
tbh, I would prefer some kind of 'alert' system, than relying on a radar (i find a radar is a kind of tacky approach personally). I would like to play without the radar obscuring my screen or having a precise readout of everything around me, but I would like to get some of the same information. Something like a blip on the edge of the screen, or a flash / ! mark at the players head - just something to indicate a relatively strong ki approaching. Too much/many Ki around you, and you become overwhelmed and have to use your eyes and instincts to react properly.

oh and btw, Autofacing is retarded in something like ESF..

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah... and alert system would be nice, both visually and graphically.
If you ever hear/played of a small game called "Feeding Frenzy", it was something like the moment when the barracuda was about to appear, that sound and that icon.

[video=youtube;UaXZD19QWv4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaXZD19QWv4&feature=fvw[/video]
(At 7:33)

Last edited:
Best answers
Autofacing a direction just cause someone is transforming is a horrible idea. Not only is it anoying, it also causes you to loose focus during your gameplay making you a target.

Scouter is simple, easy to use and it works. Any hard lockons are a bad idea in ESF. Remember the servers are no 1 on 1 they are FFA mostly. Meaning more than 2 people.
If auto facing is what makes the idea horrible as you say,then then make it manual so you here a somekind of a signal that alerts you and you are free whether to turn or to just ignore it.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
It'd also be the equivalent of "auto beam spam" if you're charging a beam while using it. That means that every time someone does something of significance, you automatically counter it/kill them.

Best answers
It'd also be the equivalent of "auto beam spam" if you're charging a beam while using it. That means that every time someone does something of significance, you automatically counter it/kill them.
I didnt say to make auto beam detection,what i said was auto detection for the powerlevel.And there is no need for that auto beam thing you are talking about, becasue when the opponent fires a beam you will here its sound as soon as it comes close to you so you will have a chance to counter or whatever you are gonna do.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You could add hot lesbians to this suggestion, and it'd still be a bad suggestion.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You see the beams on the radar and you hear them comming. Not paying atention to that is the players fault. Especially with teh upgraded speed of ESF Final.

I think that should be enough.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I still think a radar is a tacky approach to the issue of 'awareness'. Something similar to a 'spider-sense' system could work out quite nicely, and actually bears more relevance to a series devoted to the concept and mastery of ki and seme. Hell, have an option between scouter or sense - if scouter is off, you use your senses, if scouter is on you dont use your senses. And of course, no autofacing at all - it is your decision how you react to what your senses are telling you.

btw for those confused what seme is - in a nutshell; the silent combat of ki as people face off before attacking, and try to disrupt the opponents ki in order to utilise your own ki.

Last edited:
ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I still believe that the scouter is the best option for this. As it has been said before on the forum, ESF can't be a perfect copy/replica of the anime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom