descending while damaged

Best answers
if you decend whith less then 100% heath you will lose ~1Hp for each time you acsend and descend.

that is all.

Best answers
If you descend/ascend you will get the same % of health you had in the previous form. The resulting health will be rounded down, to prevent people from gaining health when descending.

Best answers
any way you can make it so that you keep your origonal health when you descend?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If by "original health" you mean your SSJ health then no. When you transform you gain a percentage of health equivalent to the difference between your starting max health and your transformed max health. Krillin for example goes from 100 to 150 max health when he transforms. That's a 50% increase. If he transformed at 50 health he would have 75 after the transformation. That's a 50% increase. It works the same way in reverse with decending; your health returns to what it would have been if you had transformed to reach whatever your current max is.

Best answers
thank you for the math lesson, but obviously you didn't understand the question that was being ask so i will explain it in more detail.

because you lost ~1HP for each acsend/descend under 100% health, is it posible to make it that when you descend again your character gets the original health total that he had before he acsended? Baring taking any damage before you descend again, of course.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vertigo said:
thank you for the math lesson, but obviously you didn't understand the question that was being ask so i will explain it in more detail.

because you lost ~1HP for each acsend/descend under 100% health, is it posible to make it that when you descend again your character gets the original health total that he had before he acsended? Baring taking any damage before you descend again, of course.
yeah ... that's what we wanted

you're Gohan with 100HP
transform
SSJ Gohan with 120HP
fight til your HP is 1
descend
amd you've back your 100HP from earlier ...

and now explaining the first thing ...

SSJ Gohan with 80HP (from 120)
descend
Gohan with 80HP (from 100)
ascend
SSJ Gohan with 96HP (80 * ( 1 + 20% ) = 80 * 1.2 = 80 + 16 = 96) (from 120)
descend
Gohan with 96HP (from 100)
ascend
SSJ Gohan with 115HP (from 120)
result: gained 35HP just by ascending/ descending

yeehaa ... ethernal fights ... no death ever ...

serious: you lose as much HP when you descend as you would gain, when you ascend ...
and this will stay

Best answers
*sighs*
I don't think you guys get it. Let's say your character is ascended, and has 51 health, and a max health of 200 (25.5% of max health). Now he descends to a character that has a max health of 100. His health will then still be 25.5% of max health: 25.5. Now if I round this up to 26, the next time he ascends, he will get a health of 52, and you will be whining that people can gain health from descending and then ascending again.

But feel free to propose a fix for this, wich doesn't involve me keeping track of health fractions.

Best answers
okay here is my stab at this problem:

you are character Y (it doesn't matter who)

you somehow got to 65 health

you then transform with a transfrom health multiplyer of 25%

so 65 * .25 = 16.25

now drop the .25 off of the 16.25 to give you just 16

remember 16 we will need it again

you then add 16 to 65 to give you 81 your transformed health level

you then descend while somehow taking no damage

now here is where that 16 comes in

now you just multiply 16 by the reciprocal of the %

so %25 is just 1/4 and the reciprocal of 1/4 is 4/1 or just 4

so 16 times 4 is 64

then just add 1 to 64 to give you 65 your original health level.

well that is my try at this problem.

Best answers
Vertigo said:
okay here is my stab at this problem:

you are character Y (it doesn't matter who)

you somehow got to 65 health

you then transform with a transfrom health multiplyer of 25%

so 65 * .25 = 16.25

now drop the .25 off of the 16.25 to give you just 16

remember 16 we will need it again

you then add 16 to 65 to give you 81 your transformed health level

you then descend while somehow taking no damage

now here is where that 16 comes in

now you just multiply 16 by the reciprocal of the %

so %25 is just 1/4 and the reciprocal of 1/4 is 4/1 or just 4

so 16 times 4 is 64

then just add 1 to 64 to give you 65 your original health level.

well that is my try at this problem.
Then the main question is, how would I know to add 1, if i don't want to store the health fraction of 0.25? You can't just always add one. If the health in your example was 100 instead of 60, Then this would add 25%*100=25 health. Your new health is 125. Now you descend without taking damage. Then you get 25*4=100 health. Now add 1, and you have 101 health. You just replicated my equation, making it a lot more difficult.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
heres a stupid idea but might be your last resort if you cant find a better one:
65.75 hp (always=66), 65.25 hp (always=65)
65.5 - first time = 66, second time = 65
I mean if you have to round it then each rounding it will be rounded to the other direction
or maybe rounded randomaly so that way you can never blame ESF for being unbalanced

I mean, WTF is that? whell of fortune? this isnt about play ESF and if Im lucky I'll have more HP wil ACDC...
(round it first time to +1 - next time round it to -1 3rd +1, 4th -1 and so on)

Best answers
harSens said:
Then the main question is, how would I know to add 1, if i don't want to store the health fraction of 0.25? You can't just always add one. If the health in your example was 100 instead of 60, Then this would add 25%*100=25 health. Your new health is 125. Now you descend without taking damage. Then you get 25*4=100 health. Now add 1, and you have 101 health. You just replicated my equation, making it a lot more difficult.
easy you just add a piece of code that does it the current way for number that are divisible by 2 and 5. or better yet do it only when you dont have to round down.

you would use my equation only where rounding down is needed, you wouldn't need to round if your numbers were all whole numbers. like the example you gave me.

Best answers
Vertigo said:
easy you just add a piece of code that does it the current way for number that are divisible by 2 and 5. or better yet do it only when you dont have to round down.

you would use my equation only where rounding down is needed, you wouldn't need to round if your numbers were all whole numbers. like the example you gave me.
Then instead of the fraction I'd have to store that. Basicly I'm too lazy to store any pre transform info.

Best answers
I don't know what these guys problems are. Truncating the number is the quickest and most effective way of dealing with the problem. One hit point less isn't really much of an issue...

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
OK!!!! what he is saying is :
Gohan 99hp (from 100)
Ascend
Gohan 119hp (from 120)
descend
Gohan 98hp (from 100)
ascend
Gohan 118hp (from 120)
descend
Gohan 97hp
thats exactly what he is talking about i haven't experienced this problem but thats what hes saying

Best answers
harSens said:
Then instead of the fraction I'd have to store that. Basicly I'm too lazy to store any pre transform info.
Doh! i just thought of an easier way. When ever you round down just add one to the descended health total. So the only thing you would need to keep track of is when you round and when someone descends so that you can add one to their total hitpoints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom