Depeche Mode

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, look at Karrde make two topics in a day ;P So yeah, anybody elese here a fan of Depeche Mode? I just got their newest album (I know it's been out for a while now). Just curious what people think of the band. For those who don't know the band, they're kinda like early industrial music and they started out in the 80s. I'm sure most people here have heard some of their songs on the radio like "Personal Jesus", "Enjoy the Silence (Word's are very unneccesary / they can only do harm), "Policy of Truth" (Never again, is what you swore, the time before.) and so forth. So yeah, anyone else a fan?

-Karrde-

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't really say I'm a fan, because I really like all sorts of music, but yes, I do like their music allot.

Its a change at times from all from the hard rock and trance i've been listening too.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
New album = garbage except for "Precious"

It's called "Playing the Angel"

Enjoy The Silence/Black Celebration > all

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Industrial Rock's different than industrial. I think it's funny how things get broken down into genres and sub genres though. Especially metal ;P As for Kurt's comment, I don't think the whole album's trash, it's just not the same as their old stuff, which arguably is really good. The new album's just quite a bit different, imho I think in a really awesome way. IE John the Revelator, though that one won't be as good for people who aren't familiar with the blues/gospel song by the same name.

-Karrde-

Best answers
Im not familiar with Industrial, im only familiar with the sub-genre Industral Rock. So what exactly is Industrial? is it in the form of country, rock, techno, metal, rap....?

Best answers
I can honestly say I've heard of Depeche Mode. I think in a Ponte song...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
Im not familiar with Industrial, im only familiar with the sub-genre Industral Rock. So what exactly is Industrial? is it in the form of country, rock, techno, metal, rap....?
Judging from the couple of songs I've heard, it's rock..ish.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Industrial is kinda depeche mode, um, maybe the cure, groups like VNV Nation for sure, but they evolved later from the roots of stuff like Depeche Mode. Mmmmm, use the Pandora website http://www.pandora.com/ to find stuff like depeche mode and VNV nation. It's usually really depressing too ;P

*edit*

Listen for darker ones since those searches turned up a lot of stuff that's definately NOT industrial ;P

-Karrde-

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ive been a fan of Depeche Mode ever since Magus showed me the Black Celebration song.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been a fan since I saw the videoclip from "Enjoy the silence"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom