Delete AMX

Best answers
I got AMX but I can't use it when I play
I wanted too delete it but it would'nt let me because of a thing saying"could not de.... file is being used by another program"
PLZ!!! tell me how to get rid of it

Best answers
VeGeTa14 said:
DMAN MAN... :warning:

this is a ESF forum not EVM
First off, you are a noob to think this is strictly EVM related.. Just because EVM comes with AMX doesn't mean every instance of AMX is for EVM. He may have gotten AMX from EVM, but it won't matter in this case because AMX is independent of EVM. EVM is dependent of AMX though. AMX is just a server management tool. That's beside the point however-- now on with the answer!

To answer the "I can't delete AMX" question-- we've gotta check a few things.
First off, if you are getting a "file in use, cannot delete" error, that means you are running esf or another HL driven application while trying to delete the amx files.

Exit out of all running half-life related programs. To be safe, exit out of Steam if you are running it. Close your dedicated server as well if one is running. Check your applications list in your task manager (alt-ctrl-del) to make sure you don't see any apps like hl.exe, steam.exe, hlds.exe, counterstrike.exe or anything else that is HL related. Once everything is closed out, go into your esf folder.

Find the file called "liblist.gam" and change the gamedll line from
gamedll "addons\metamod\...blah blah blah"
to
gamedll "dlls\hl.dll"

This doesn't uninstall AMX, but takes it out of the ESF addons to run. From here, deleting AMX is not neccessary. However, if you wish to get rid of AMX folder and files to open a few kb of space on your hard drive, do as follows:
After you've done the above mentioned, delete your ADDONS folder if you don't have anything else in it that you dont run, like adminMod. Else, just delete your AMXMOD folder and leave the MetaMod and whatever else you might have inside your ADDONS folder. Like I said before, you don't really need to delete anything as long as you edit your liblist.gam to what I said above.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vegeta14, warning for flaming. Think before you accuse. In any case this is really more of and issue for the help forum.

-Karrde-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom