Death & Powerlevels

Best answers
Hey guys, long time player with a couple of questions.

I've been playing 1.23 again, and everytime I die my powerlevel drops. I've tried it with the option "get powerlevels closer to server average" or whatnot, checked and unchecked, and no matter what I do I lose powerlevel when I die. How can I turn this off? Is there an option in an CFG file or something I can use to just always turn it off?

Having a hard time locating a map with Dragonballs too. It seems like there were a host of maps before, now I can't seem to get them to work in any of the CB## Experimental mode maps.

Thanks for your time,
Dash

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dragonballs don't work on 1.23, AFAIK.
I remember there was a command for that too... Don't really remember it, though. :S

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
pl_catchup 0 should turn it off by force. Not sure if a server restart is required or not.

As for Dragonballs. esf_riverside and any ESF 1.0, ESF 1.1 map that exist should have them.

though from your explanations im guessing your game.cfg file is interfearing with the game configuration. Delete that file. Its something thats not needed with STEAM, but was accidentally overlooked and left in.

Best answers
Good deal. Thanks for the timely replies. I'll check out Riverside and see about that 'cheat' code.

I"ve also been playing with ECX and the the mod pack to see if those are worth adventuring with.

Thank you for the help.

---------- Double Post below was added at - 01:42 PM has been merged with this post created - 12:55 PM at ----------

Hey Grega, couple more quick questions now that I got the ECX extension to work. How do I go about adding plugins like the powerlevel changer? I was reading your comments here: http://forum.esforces.com/threads/76145-Amx-Mod-X-ecx-Rc2?highlight=installing+ecx and what plugin manger, or rather, what folder do I put these plugins into?

Also, how could I go about installing two separate copies of ESF 1.123, one for the ECX, and one without it? Will Steam let me just make a seperate Half-Life game and call it a different name, then install things to that new directory?

Thank you for your time!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As said in the thread. I think its the esf/core/cx foulder where you need to place the .AMXX file. Though be warned there is a chance of the pluggin manager detecting the PL changer and blocking its use.

As for seperate installs. Its simple. go to your half life directory and copy the esf directory. (make sure its the standard 1.2.3 install)
Name the copy ESF 1.2 and then install ECX as you normally do.

Now to switch betwean the 2 you rename the one you want to esf and the other one to what it is so you dont forget.

Example if you did what i told you you should have 2 directories names esf and esf 1.2

To get 1.2 working correctly simply rename the esf directory to esf ecx and the esf 1.2 directory to esf and you will have standard 1.2 fully functunal. To revert back to the fully working ECX just rename them back. So rename the esf directory to esf 1.2 and the esf ecx directory to ecx.

Essentially you can run the game with the name of the directory other than esf. So you can run the esf ecx directory straight from the steam games list, but you will probably experience some bot issues along with no servers found as HL thinks its a different mod due to a different directory name.

Best answers
Awesome it works, this is good. I was able to do as you said renaming hte games, and keeping two different folders.

Still no luck on the Dragonballs in 1.23. I've tried all the maps to no avail. They seem to work good in ECX. I'll just have to play with ECX and Bigpack, unless you know of something better :)

Thanks for your help.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Awesome it works, this is good. I was able to do as you said renaming hte games, and keeping two different folders.

Still no luck on the Dragonballs in 1.23. I've tried all the maps to no avail. They seem to work good in ECX. I'll just have to play with ECX and Bigpack, unless you know of something better :)

Thanks for your help.

Actually they do work fine on 1.2.3: just go to your game folder, find game.cfg, switch gamemode to value 2.
Start the game, select a map to create and search around the map.... like ESF_CELL_GAMES some dbs are under the rocks so you have to destroy them.

Best answers
code

Hey guys mainly grega :p
the code you posted for the powelevel "pl_catchup 0" doesent work :-/
when you enter it into the console you get a reply saying: "Code not found or Code unknowen"
is there anything else you could do...
still a noob at esf hate having my pl drop everytime I die :p lol

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you entering that in the console with quotes, or without quotes?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey guys mainly grega :p
the code you posted for the powelevel "pl_catchup 0" doesent work :-/
when you enter it into the console you get a reply saying: "Code not found or Code unknowen"
is there anything else you could do...
still a noob at esf hate having my pl drop everytime I die :p lol

My misstake.

The console command was mp_plcatchup 0 ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom