Dead Pixels...blehh

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I finally saved up enough money to get a psp and mpo. I love metal gear so I would go to great lengths to play any of them, even as far as to shell out $200 for one of sony's products.
Anyway, I was playing it for the first time and I started to notice a small dull white light shining through when the screen went black. I tried to ignore it, praying it wasn't what I thought it was. So I just shrugged it off and tried to ignore it in between loading screens. Then I started to notice yet another one. Needless to say, I was pissed, I have only had it for 4 days and already 2 dead pixels on my screen.
So I called up SCEA today, after a few minute of crappy hip hop music some guy answers. I tell him I have two dead pixels on my screen, he asks "where are they?" I didn't see how that mattered but I told him where they were. He tells me there has to be at least 8 dead pixels and they have to be right next to each other. So basically, I have to be able to play a game of connect the dots with the dead pixels on my screen before sony will do anything...

Now, this response differs greatly with what SCEA told gamespot. They told gamespot if they wait a week or so and the dead pixels are still bothering them to send it in and they will replace the system completely or they will just replace the screen...

Well, it's not the end of the world, but it still sucks...

Best answers
They doom any LCD, pal. I've got 4 on mine, white like yours. They're not dead, though, just 'stuck'. People say they've fixed them by running a special video that just quickly flashes random colors over and over for a decent amount of time. It didn't work for me :/.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I finally saved up enough money to get a psp and mpo. I love metal gear so I would go to great lengths to play any of them, even as far as to shell out $200 for one of sony's products.
Anyway, I was playing it for the first time and I started to notice a small dull white light shining through when the screen went black. I tried to ignore it, praying it wasn't what I thought it was. So I just shrugged it off and tried to ignore it in between loading screens. Then I started to notice yet another one. Needless to say, I was pissed, I have only had it for 4 days and already 2 dead pixels on my screen.
So I called up SCEA today, after a few minute of crappy hip hop music some guy answers. I tell him I have two dead pixels on my screen, he asks "where are they?" I didn't see how that mattered but I told him where they were. He tells me there has to be at least 8 dead pixels and they have to be right next to each other. So basically, I have to be able to play a game of connect the dots with the dead pixels on my screen before sony will do anything...

Now, this response differs greatly with what SCEA told gamespot. They told gamespot if they wait a week or so and the dead pixels are still bothering them to send it in and they will replace the system completely or they will just replace the screen...

Well, it's not the end of the world, but it still sucks...
Welcome to the Sony world.

I returned a psp way back when it came out cause it had a bunch of dead pixels. After the standard dance of bull**** around the questions I got the address to send it in and all that. Got a new one back.

That one had dead pixels too.

I know some other people who have psp's as well, they also have dead pixels. I seriously don't think theres a psp out there that is perfectly working.

Although back then they would accept returns as long as you had more then 3 dead pixels. Nice to see Sony cares so much about people now.

Best answers
Easy way around that is just to say that you have more than 8, heh. I really doubt they're going to take the time to take it out of the box and go "Hey, wait a minute!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom