DayZ is finished.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What this mod allowed users to do was to destroy players from anywhere on the map. The result from the player’s perspective looked like this Youtube video. The actions of this player have resulted in “thousands” of bans in DayZ with Rocket additionally posting that because the bans occurred through Arma 2’s security engine, they couldn’t unban anyone even if they wanted to.

On the mod community TKC, Rocket posted that he felt that DayZ had been destroyed, like the modders went out of their way to ruin a “free project.”

With a significant amount of the playerbase gone, it will be interesting to see if this mod can maintain its popularity. Perhaps the Steam Summer sale will answer fan demands and offer Arma 2 at an extremely discounted rate.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/...sands-of-players-banned-over-scripting-drama/

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know I'm about to sound like a ****, but you gotta chill out with these threads, dude. You already made a thread about Day-Z, so post in there instead of creating a separate thread about this.

Badassologist Ph/D
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Mkilbride is always posting some cool kind of news its almost a weekly thing. maybe you should let him make a sticky for him to post stuff like this. =)

EDIT

and its not just Mkilbride either, there are posts about such things all the time from other forum members. maybe add a video game news subforum?

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
....you missed my point completely. He doesn't need to keep creating threads about shit when there's already a big thread about the game/subject he's posting about. It's annoying.

and why would there need to be a video game news subforum when there's already a subforum for video games.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
....you missed my point completely. He doesn't need to keep creating threads about shit when there's already a big thread about the game/subject he's posting about. It's annoying.

and why would there need to be a video game news subforum when there's already a subforum for video games.
Now I'M going to sound like the ****.

Do you really give a **** about a person posting something on a forum thats seldom active? It REALLY annoys you?

Seriously?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Another person who missed my point.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I understand correctly, there were a lot of exploits in the game and, to counter these exploits, the creator of the game had to input some security measures to make the game more secure, but these security measures caused the game to become significantly laggier. Then someone figured out how to spawn bombs on top of players, and then he went and told everyone about it. This led to 3 days of wisespread abuse, and some people in the community took matters into their own hands such as the people who run the Reddit server deciding to password their server, which is against the creators rules / wishes. He then decided to ban anyone who uses scripts of any kind, which resulted in thousands of people who did nothing wrong getting banned from not only the mod, but from the original game, too.

The creator of this mod sounds like an *******. You don't ban legitimate people because it'll also ban the bad ones. That's like the police arresting everyone on my block because they know that one of us on my block committed a crime.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Another person who missed my point.
You wanted to point out that he shouldn't have created another thread.

Good for you.

If it really annoys you though, stop reading.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
You wanted to point out that he shouldn't have created another thread.

Good for you.

If it really annoys you though, stop reading.
^Agree, its not like the forum is super active with thousands of threads/post etc.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Wow and I actually was considering to buy the games required for this mod sheesh. I guess it would be better if I just wait it out till this security nonsense will be sorted out. Hell I'm still afraid that this game will not work at all and there is no way for me to test it if it works on my system or not, but now I guess I'm going to have to worry about randomly being banned not from the mod but from the game I would spend what, I think it's 25 euros on Steam right now... Oh boy. Well, what can I say? @&@#*! griefers.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ARMA 2 has the same bugs they have had since Operation Flashpoint: CWC

As for the thread i see nothing wrong with it dam. Other than the fact that you are spamming a legit thread.

Now i kinda hope this issue gets resolved in a good way. But im not getting it any time soon and this news is an extra reason for that.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Mkilbride do you know about the Track Ir that was built with arma 2 in mind?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wXx3vMy_AQ
I haven't seen 1 person who has considered buying this to use in Day Z. Is day Z not as immersive as some people think?

--- edit ---

I haven't seen 1 person who has considered buying this to use in Day Z. Is day Z not as immersive as some people think?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know about it, but did you know that not buying that newest Track IR will result in horrible sensetivity issues with the game. As in its way to sensitive and youll be flying round the place. (didnt see it myself, but got that info from someone doing LPs using trackIR)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I know about it, but did you know that not buying that newest Track IR will result in horrible sensetivity issues with the game. As in its way to sensitive and youll be flying round the place. (didnt see it myself, but got that info from someone doing LPs using trackIR)
No I didn't, its got software so you could recalibrate but that is quite a big problem.

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I think people just realized that you need to be able to see your screen in order for looking left and right to mean anything, and looking out of the corner of your eye to view the screen when looking in either direction pulls you out of the immersion that Day Z provides. When native 360 degree displays come around and are affordable to the general public, maybe then people will buy into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom