DaRk's Guitar Shreddage

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can pick faster than i can, but it sounds like you have no idea how to legatto properly, and your bends are sloppy.

other than that its pretty cool.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can pick faster than i can, but it sounds like you have no idea how to legatto properly, and your bends are sloppy
heh, im usually good at bending and vibrating the strings. i just start getting jitterey when im placed in front of a camera or a crowd.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ouch...

learn to legatto, itll help heaploads with prescision, speed, and bending.

Best answers
I love it and saw it a while ago...sexi bish

Best answers
ur not the only one who messes up, i mess up just about everytime i am infront of a crowd, i play fine till it comes time to recording too

other than maybe some parts that have difference in style preferences i can do most of what u do at the same speed (i think lol) probably not as clean though
there is one thing i cant do and thats cuz i never feel like practicing it and thats tabbing >_<
i could use a better guitar too, when people ask me what kind of guitar i play, they always say they have never heard ot it cuz i am using the same electric that i started with (peavy raptor, came with some crappy starter pack since i was moving from classical to rock)
what size strings do u use? like gauge 10 or 9 or 8? and what kind? i got a problem cuz mine snap in every 3 weeks and im using 10's.
anyways for just a random solo playing it sounds good, if we ever meet up we should jam, ive been practicing on double improv. guitar soloing so that would be fun :D

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
whoa

space it out some

i use nine gauge strings on my jackson, tens on my crappy excel

yeah if for some reason your in michigan, right next to my house and have my address id love to jam with you ;)

but if you enjoy playing improve i can demonstrate some of the riff's and techniques i use next video i make

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You could have shown your face

Anyways, it was pretty cool

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I closed it as soon as I saw the long hair and the Jackson, because I already kind of knew what was coming. Sorry man. I'm sure it's good and all, but I've seen that so many times I don't find it at all interesting anymore. Still plenty impressive to the non-jaded folks, though, I'm sure.

EDIT: I listened to it and heard at one point when you went really high, that it sounded like your intonation was a little off. You might want to check that out.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its actually the jackson

with the randy rhoads models you get some problems with going up the frets on the high strings

Best answers
is that the normal style u play? or do u do softer stuff, or jazzish stuff? im guessing u do atleast some metal/heavy metal bc of some things in the solo.
p.s. stuff = songs or when u just play randomly.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
when i play songs its usually softer stuff like joe satriani, led zeppelin, and steve vai

but i do play heavy metal, actually randy rhoads is my favorite guitarists. if you listen you can hear alot of his riffs in the solo

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well. I'm not going to lie to you. So this may seem a little harsh. First the sound wasn't all that great, so that's not helpful. Plus it sounded very sloppy with bad timing. But like you said, you get gittery in front of the camera. I would too. Infact I haven't done that yet because of that fact. I'm not saying it's bad. I mean you're obviously no beginner that's for sure. But like most, it could definately use some improvement.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that was surprisingly un-harsh, gotta tip my hat to be able to put it in with so much finesse

but yeah i see what your saying, keep in mind though as well that the camera speeds up the sound by about a couple of beats

ill wait for more of a sunnier day then ill do a recording of surfing with the alien, cause that was way to dark

i may even show my face

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That was one hell of alot faster than I can pick, but I don't think I have an ear for shredding. It sounded a little rough, but I remember what it was like playing in front of a camera, even if you know you can always do another take. I couldn't play even the simplest thing without fudging it up. Play something slower, so more of us can actually follow what you're doing and apreciate it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pretty sweet. Although if you make another vid, do some songs instead. Random shredding with no backing gets a little strenuous after a minute or two. At least, It gets to me after a short time. Anyways, It was still sweet.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DaRkOwNs said:
its actually the jackson

with the randy rhoads models you get some problems with going up the frets on the high strings

er.... no you dont. pride is right, you need to fix your intonation.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The guitar needs a set up and make your soloing flow man it doesn't flow that much it sounds like pointless wanna be shred type thing. You need to make your playing sound cleaner and work on your technique a bit more. Also add some rythm some groove in between the soloing so it doesn't sound boring and play more melodic too and slow flowy. It'll help your phrasing as you go.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jeez what do you want from me. i didnt take an hour out of my day to prepare a solo note for note, ill give you a melody when i do a song. all i was really doing was testing the camera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom