Dante Must Die

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Has anyone beaten this yet? It seems to be impossible. I breezed through Hard after mastering Normal, but now...christ, it took me four hours to get to level five without eating Vital Stars like cookies o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im currently on mission 16.... i have a funny feeling that virgil is gonna own me so harsh in the final battle, just like he did in the first, and second...

there better be some good unlockables for beating this -_-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Almighty_gir said:
im currently on mission 16.... i have a funny feeling that virgil is gonna own me so harsh in the final battle, just like he did in the first, and second...

there better be some good unlockables for beating this -_-
Unlocks your anger knowing it was all for nothing.... Actually i dont know, just would be funny if all it said was something like "you deserve a pat on the back". :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They did that in DMC, if you got an S Rank on every level of any difficulty you got a screen that had Dante flanked by every character and enemy in the game with a caption that said 'You are truly the King of Hell - Capcom'. Wow. Thanks. For nothing. You couldn't even access it again after seeing it.

Hopefully there's a pot of gold at the end of this rainbow, although carrying on the tradition of DMC and DMC2's DMD, you'll probably unlock *spoiler* Infinite Devil Trigger. Which is no bad thing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yup, "super dante" and suprise suprise, its limitless DT.. D:
you also get Heaven or Hell mode, which everything including you dies in one shot.. after that. nothing :0

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ebony and Ivory + turbo controler is all you need for that mode...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is there an option to play as 'Super Dante' with the Sparda model, it would be cool to play as a pure Devil and just stay in his Devil (True) form. IMO this game had the worst DT models, the first ones were much cooler looking.

EDIT: Bleh, HoH mode sounds lame unless you were going to use it to orb farm, but you have everything unlocked by then anyway o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually if you beat the game on normal, you can use dante's first costume, which has his final demon form.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never really liked DMC. I have 1 and 2, and I don't really like either. 2 was the first one I got, then people told me 1 was way better, so I got that to see if that one was worth my time. I seriously don't see what all the fuss is about. The camera is a *****, the sword combos are far too simple, even when combined with the guns.. and it's just not brutal enough for me. Wow, some blood splatters.. whoopee.. On freaking Marionettes even. I managed to beat DMC 2, but I got a little stuck at DMC 1 at this scissor-toting demon that flies through the walls and floor to attack you.. I'm thinking of like, selling DMC 1 and 2 or something. And those alternate game modes? That survival-type mode? Well whoopty-fscking doo. If the battle system was a little more interesting I might be arsed to try and beat the game to get those modes..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whatchoo talkin' 'bout Willis? You're probably the first person i've ever heard who disliked DMC :|

if you beat the game on normal, you can use dante's first costume, which has his final demon form
Yeah I know, thats cool (Normal unlocks Hard, Hard unlocks DMD :p) but if Super Dante is selected like a costume like Sparda is, then which model is used for it, or is it a completley new model?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh.. I don't hate it or anything.. it just feels so.. incomplete. It could have been so much more. It's exactly like Capcom to come up with a neat idea and do a decent job on the first game, but then half-ass the sequels.

It's a decent game.. but the battle system is basically the only thing it has going for it. The graphics are decent, but nothing too flashy or too impressive (Though some of the bosses were pretty neat, like that Scorpion one). All in all, it could have been much more. I seriously don't understand why it's so popular. Honestly, have I missed something important? I've read the manual but from what I can tell, there's nothing in there that I didn't already know. I mean.. yeah, I know a few combos, but there's so few, and there's little skill involved in using them. The only thing that makes it challenging is knowing when to dodge aside and continue dealing out damage.

Best answers
Yeah, I can agree that the fighting system doesn't have as much depth as it could have, but what it lacks in depth it makes up in fluidity. All the moves are easily accesible, and there are a nice variety of weapons to choose from in DMC3, which ends up making the combat quite interesting.

If you want a game like this with a lot of depth in combat though, try Ninja Gaiden if you haven't already, which is truely a masterpiece imo. Hopefully the next DMC will include a couple of the things that made NG so awesome.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Indeed.

I've tried Ninja Gaiden. I really liked it. Lightning fast gameplay, a deep combo system, and nice and challenging. Plus all that ninja sh!t rocks my socks. Now that's what I like.

Too bad I hate everything else on the XBox. I just don't like the damn thing. And I'm not buying an XBox just for Ninja Gaiden.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Completed at last! 70 hours gametime! Booya!

Oh, and 'Super Dante' is 'Infinite DT' in name, seeing as it's also

Uber Speed - Any DT
Infinite Glide - Rebellion while DT'd
Infinite Flight - Nevan while DT'd
Infinite Bullet Time - Quicksilver
2 Player Mode - Doppleganger (Press Start on Pad 2)
Infinite Devil Time after Full DT Flux

HoH mode kinda sucks, it's not really good for anything but orb farming, but you don't need orbs for anything at that point, and the game doesn't save your HoH rankings =\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
prabably because you can finnish most levels on HoH mode in under 2 minutes, and lets face it, youll get an S rank for damage cos if you take any at all, you die :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah you tend to get a B every time (well, I did),

Time - S
Orbs - D (no SSStylish's due to 1 hit kills)
Health - S
Style - D (one hit kills, no style)
Items - A (sometimes need continues due to level hazards like the Rounded Pathways)

The only thing I can see to use it for is to view cutscenes really quickly, but after 5 completions of the game I usually skip them :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom