Damn BIG probleme

Best answers
Hello everybody,

ok i got a big problem. I got ESF v. 1.2.3 (the newest version.. ;) )
OK now.. before i start:

Im NOT using steam because i dont want to and i wont ever play it online because im playing it with my brother (LAN) And i got the newest half-life version.

So everytime I want to create a server (LAN not online) it tells me that it couldnt open blabla/esf/cl.dll/client.dll
Ok.. now i downloaded the "fmod.dll" because everyone told me it gonna work.
but it doesnt ... still get the message with client.dll.... now i read somewhere i should delete the "client.dll" from the cl.dll folder. I did it .. and i didnt got the message with could not open library client.dll blabla (u know...) it all worked fine till the server i created opened... i got another message: invalid DLL... ;( ;(

You know im so angry!! since a week im triyng to get this game working!!
I tryed everything... ;( reinstalled it... just everything...

I would be so thankfull for your help :cry: :cry:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF-Dude-Trunks said:
Im NOT using steam
That's your problem. We only support Steam.

If you saw that you need fmod.dll, you must've also seen this:
Stickies said:
WON is dead. Don't use it. It died a long time ago. you need STEAM! which again can be found at www.steampowered.com
Try LAN experiments to your heart's content, but you're using a dead and unsupported system. Use Steam and save yourself a lot of hassle, and find more support when you run into problems.

Best answers
thx but i got half-life from a friend. i didnt got the steam key because he already registered it for his steam acc.

what should i do please help me :cry:
and second thing i cant buy half-life because:

1. im living in a village and I cant go to the city.. its too far :cry:
2. I (or my parents) havent got an creditcard to buy it from steam.

please help me :cry:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sorry, but trying to bypass buying the game is considered warez and is not permitted on these boards.

You'll have to buy the game and use Steam if you wish to play. There's really no getting around that.

- Closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom