Customisable character

Best answers
I was thinking if its possible for you guys to make a customisable character system?
You dont need to add new hair styles and new clothes, i know that you don't have enough modellers, but you should be able to use the different parts of the current models you have right now, and mabe changing the color can also be done.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats not how HL handles its models. It would be more possible to do if we had the exact same animations on all models, but since we dont, im afraid thats out of the question.

Other than that it would require a heavy remake of the model system. Separatin the models in to pieces and making sure those pieces actually fit together when animated and so on. It would be really low quality due to the way the models are handled by the game.

✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
@Grega, are you using your vertex color layer on the models? If not, perhaps you could use that channel to multiply it with a custom color variable. (might not be formulated as well, but I know we've used a similar technique at work)

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If ESFF turns out to be moddable, I'd be interested in trying to make something like that, given I get modelers to provide me with separate model parts. Such thing is possible in ESF 1.2.3, but it has some quirks that I didn't bother to go around due to lack of interest (both mine and the public's) in 1.2.3 in the first place.

Last edited:
Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Vertex colors would only tint the model^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom