CS:Source VS. CS!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well......

Put that together real quick. CS: Source is really sweet, and
has some really nice new shaders that give it an extra secsi look ^_^.

CS just looks terrable, but its still fun.

Best answers
Um dude -__-. That's like rating doom 3 and mario 2d .

The engines they are on are just too different .

Best answers
yea, and the thing is cs:s is just a big step up from cs it gonna be cs but 10x better

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Exactly, that what im tryin to show you. Im just showin a comparison of the old de_dust map and the new one featured in CS:S :p. Of course CS:S is gonna look better, but de_dust was remade so i wanted to show a comparison.

Best answers
CS is always going to be an unrealistic crappy mod. Go play Raven shield instead. End of discussion.

Best answers
is it just me or does the map look bigger? like the tunnel looked wider..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Texas said:
CS is always going to be an unrealistic crappy mod. Go play Raven shield instead. End of discussion.
That's a pretty crappy response, if you don't like CS or CS source, then just don't reply to a thread that asks you of your opinion between the two. It beign a crappy mod really isn't even an opinion anymore, since it's been the most popular online game for about 3 years now.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure that most people here that played CS:Source will vote for it. It looks amazing, and it has the same feel as CS does. I especially like the way they changed the para, it's actually useful now, I can see people buying it for a reason other than they have too much money and the opponents aren't a challenge.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CS:S is a downer for me, if it is like that with hl2 im going to be pissed. CS on hl2 i expect to litterly shot out walls and to shot trees down on people. and CS:S is CS with a **** load of eye candy.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shoot trees on people..? Maybe in half life 3. CS:S is just supposed to be a port with some perks. Hopefully they'll make better use of the physics in non De_Dust maps. Nothing wrong with it as it is, though, it's CS plus ragdoll and pretty particle effects.

And as Phatslugga said, if you don't have something relevant to add, don't bother.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is it just me or does this thread serve no purpose? You are comparing a mod with the exact same mod.

This is dumb because CS: S is just CS with some added effects and such for a new engine. It doesn't take away anything from the game, so only a retard would say
CS: S is worse then CS. I mean you may hate CS, or not care that it was ported, but you can't say CS: S is worse then CS.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont dsee how its the same game. And it wasnt really ment to be a versus thread, sorry for the missleading title. It was just ment to show the comparison with the old and the new. And CS:S is no where near the same game. it is not at all the same game, if it was then we could call GTA3 and GTA:VC the same game, now would you do that? I sure wouldnt...tehre completly different.

Best answers
Because its the most popular online mod doesnt mean that i should have the same opinion as you do, and saying that what i said isnt an opinion is facistic. As you said, he asked for our opinion and i gave mine.
So we are allowed to reply to something only if we have to say "cs is teh r0xorz hax0rz leet pwnz ph33r 1337"?

In case you didnt understand my reply, ill draw it for you.
In my eyes, cs so matter the version it is, is the same. A worthless mod.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really see no diffrence but the new De_Dust to me, looks more arabic and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom