CS:S Prob

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ever since the last update CS:S has refused to work in offline mode and being on 56k I can't be online all the time and just want to mess around with bots

I can't think of anything todo. It's says it needs an update but it's at 99% and will run anyway online. Both HL2 and HL2:DM work in offline mode and are at 100%

Any ideas?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dunno, maybe try to find a manual update. I never had that problem before.

Best answers
Tried selecting "Do not always update this game" and then switching back to "Always update this game" Works for me usually when the update gets stuck.
Then there's checking the dreaded steam forums or deleting your CSS game content folder and redownloading some updates again. But best not to if your on 56k :S

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it's bloody stupid what vavle did to protect hl2 , but in the end they spent a lotta money on their protection , it was crazy thou , what does some1 do if they have no internet access at all (vavle did not obviously think of that now did they) they should release a patch or something for offline play for people with no internet (other then what i cannot talk about , being ilegal , 90% of them do not werk)

Best answers
I had the same problem as you but when i went online and fragged a few bots it went up to 100%, check out the steam forums, maybe someone can help you there..or the most lenghy solution that might not even work is to reinstall cs source and update it again..i had to do that for opposing force back a long time ago

And btw, i have 56k too, i feel your pain....shut up darksniper lol..<--jk lol, he mocks me on msn cuz he has really fast broadband

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SAIYAN_OVERLORD said:
what does some1 do if they have no internet access at all (vavle did not obviously think of that now did they)
On the box it says "internet connection required", and if you downloaded it you obviously have one :p .

SAIYAN_OVERLORD said:
they should release a patch or something for offline play for people with no internet
They did. Steam runs in offline mode now, if you so choose.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shuyin said:
Tried selecting "Do not always update this game" and then switching back to "Always update this game" Works for me usually when the update gets stuck.
Thanks, That worked a treat

Yay for owning bots

Best answers
While youre at it, try this:

Spawn a bunch of bots (around 20) and only let them use the knife (uncheck all the weapon boxes). Stock up on everything you need in order to stay alive, and fight them. Its great fun... 20 may be too easy though, try upping the number to 30 or 40. Personally, I play with 40.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't play with that much

Crappy PC

It looks funny tho. Everyone just running around knifing each other

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SAIYAN_OVERLORD said:
...they should release a patch or something for offline play for people with no internet...
also how would they be able to download the patch with no internet connection? :p
but i can see your point though, it would be a good idea for VALVe to release a patch for lan only, (that doesnt require a connection toget into lan mode)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom