Create-game game modesettings not working

Best answers
EDIT: Fixed the problem by deleting game.cfg in the esf directory.

----

EDIT: So it turns out all the settings beginning with "mp_", which are things like "mp_friendlyfire", "mp_gamemode" and "mp_fraglimit", are resetting to the default settings the game came with every time a map loads or reloads. I can set them once in but this doesn't allow me to choose the map type as I'd need to reload the map for that to take effect and reloading the map causes it to reset the settings.

A friend of mine is getting the exact same problem. We're using 1.2.3 on steam and I have tried a fresh install, which didn't fix the problem. Is anyone else having this problem and perhaps does anyone know the cause or how to fix it?

---

Hey. I know that CTDB is experimental and the common maps don't have them on them. I downloaded a bunch of old maps I used to play CTDB on with friends at LANs. My problem is that the dragonballs simply are not there. When I start in Capture the Dragonball mode, it always ends up as the standard good versus evil game and no dragonballs even show on the scouter. I make sure that when creating the game I select Capture the Dragonballs.

I just tried to create a game of free-for-all and it started a game of teams (good versus evil). It's simply ignoring the mode I set and making every server I start good versus evil with no dragonballs. I'm not sure where this problem is coming from. I specifically set all my files to not read-only in case it was a problem with that and it hasn't helped. Also, the frag limit isn't working. Bot settings work but the friendly fire setting doesn't. It seems to be hit or miss what works and what doesn't.

Anyone have a bloody clue what's going on here or how to fix it?

Best answers
I do some maps don't have dragonballs included and are you sure you selected the right mode and pressed ok not cancel

Best answers
TheCost said:
I do some maps don't have dragonballs included and are you sure you selected the right mode and pressed ok not cancel
I'm talking about the options screen when you create a game. Half the options have no effect whatsoever. I can't turn on friendlyfire, I can't set map limits (time limit, frag limit, wish limit), I can't play any game other than team and there are probably a lot more options that won't work.

It doesn't matter what I set them to in the game creation screen, it doesn't apply the options. But options like the bot skill a number of bots work fine.

Best answers
Try reinstalling ESF

There can also be a problem in your half life installion

Do you have the latest half life patch

Try updating all your drivers to the latest version

if none of these work then say so

Best answers
TheCost said:
Try reinstalling ESF

There can also be a problem in your half life installion

Do you have the latest half life patch

Try updating all your drivers to the latest version

if none of these work then say so
I do have the latest halflife version (kept updated by steam), my drivers are also the latest version and I have a friend who is having this exact same problem with his install. I'll try reinstalling ESF but it's not going to work.

Best answers
Reinstall didn't work. The problem is that all the mp_ settings are resetting every time a map starts. Once I'm in the game, I can set the round kill limit and it works but when a new round begins, those settings are not saved and are reset to the default values. Practically, this means I can't play any mode but team play because if I set the values and try to restart the map, it resets the values.

How in the hell can I fix this? Anyone?

Edit: Fixed it by deleting game.cfg in the esf diretory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom