Crashbug

Best answers
Well I finally got my old steam account back :D

So now I've been playing a bit of ESF with version 1.2.3 I believe I have.

Well yesterday it was fine but today the game keeps on crashing for some reason at random moments with random characters and on random maps.

What happens is the screen and sound just freeze and I have to push the reboot button to get the pc running again.... :(

It's really annoying and I was wondering if anyone knew what the cause of this might be?

Thanks

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it happens on public servers then I don't know what's the problem. But if it happens on your server then you should check what version you have again.

Best answers
The newest version out I think.

But I'm trying a reinstall, hoping it will make a difference. Starting with the complete 1.2 install and patching it up to 1.2.3

And yes it happens on local server with bots (I'm new to the game so I'm practising)

EDIT
Reinstall didn't help, after about 5 mins of playing the whole comp froze up again :(

Is this a known problem or a new one?

Best answers
I'm having the exact same problem. I'm kinda new to ESF and i'm playing on my own server against bots. But once in a while it freezes, mostly when i fly upto 2 fighting busy bots with an attack, or when i do some other attack.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You have to either install the full 1.2.3 version or install 1.2.0 and patch it up to 1.2.1, 1.2.2 and then 1.2.3.

Best answers
i had installed the full version of 1.2.3 it hapens again again and again :cry:

Best answers
hmm i had the new version too. Yesterday I browsed around and found some things. I deleted the mp3 dir and disabled mp3 music, since then I didnt have any other crash problems anymore. I'm not sure if its THAT that fixed the problem or something else I did. You could try it to see if it works.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if u have the origonal esf 1.2 installer , use that and patch it up with all the patches (as it's been stated many times , 1.2.3 does not change the client dll (if u use the patch installer) it just fixes map issues)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom