counter ?

🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💠 Sūpā Légéñdārý
Best answers
Think about a counter hit after you block someone's melee attack when pressing the right button at the right time ! Let's say you teleport behind them and send them flying or something. Or maybe perform a quick kamehameha or a different beam depending on your character :)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
That already happens. If you block and someone flies into with simple melee the damage is negated (probably not entirely) and if they are still close to you and you let go of the block button and press the simple melee button, you will knock them away from you. This is a somewhat of a counter. Teleport behind them can also be done but not by just pressing a button and having it happen automatically, you have to practice to learn how to do that properly. Kamehameha is too powerful to be done quickly so it needs to have a somewhat long-ish cast time, but that with them beams you could also do. But harder.

Conclusion, the mechanics you suggested are already in the game.

🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💠 Sūpā Légéñdārý
Best answers
That already happens. If you block and someone flies into with simple melee the damage is negated (probably not entirely) and if they are still close to you and you let go of the block button and press the simple melee button, you will knock them away from you. This is a somewhat of a counter. Teleport behind them can also be done but not by just pressing a button and having it happen automatically, you have to practice to learn how to do that properly. Kamehameha is too powerful to be done quickly so it needs to have a somewhat long-ish cast time, but that with them beams you could also do. But harder.

Conclusion, the mechanics you suggested are already in the game.
They have time to teleport away after you block, and as a kamehameha I meant a mini one deals less damage.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Given how the invulnerability windows work and the drag time between inputs, countering to the extent that Kaizenjinrin is suggesting is not always possible. I would like to see a more responsive input for the controls ever everything else. Cause having to come to a complete stop to block is really just kinda stupid in this game. And now that drifting is a core part of flight I imagine that has been changed.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Given how the invulnerability windows work and the drag time between inputs, countering to the extent that Kaizenjinrin is suggesting is not always possible. I would like to see a more responsive input for the controls ever everything else. Cause having to come to a complete stop to block is really just kinda stupid in this game. And now that drifting is a core part of flight I imagine that has been changed.
If countering where easy, then what would stop people from using just that like it tends to happen in Assassin's creed Games?

🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💠 Sūpā Légéñdārý
Best answers
For example when your opponent attacks, you block and right after you blocked the attack you press the attack button and you counter. However you have to be very quick to make it work.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No artificial systems will be in ESF.

If you want to counter youll have to do it manually after a block. If you dont have the correct timing, you will miss the chance.

@Nebulisreconx There are no invoulnerability times. There is only a delay on melee hits. But thats for the attacker only. There is also no frag time between imputs. That is down to your own speed, the FPS the game is runing at and your ping. Basically your reflexes and the combined amount of lag.

Last edited:
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💠 Sūpā Légéñdārý
Best answers
No artificial systems will be in ESF.

If you want to counter youll have to do it manually after a block. If you dont have the correct timing, you will miss the chance.

@Nebulisreconx There are no invoulnerability times. There is only a delay on melee hits. But thats for the attacker only. There is also no frag time between imputs. That is down to your own speed, the FPS the game is runing at and your ping. Basically your reflexes and the combined amount of lag.
So if I block the attacker will be in a recovery phase giving me an attack opportunity ?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So if I block the attacker will be in a recovery phase giving me an attack opportunity ?
No. He will be out of swoop. Then its up to who is faster. You letting go of the block button and hitting him back or him teleporting away/restarting the swoop. Like it is in 1.2.3

If the attacker isnt ready to move after the hit, there is a longer time for you to counter him due to his reflex speed. But you also have to be ready with your timing since the block button hilds priority over the attack buttons.

🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💠 Sūpā Légéñdārý
Best answers
No. He will be out of swoop. Then its up to who is faster. You letting go of the block button and hitting him back or him teleporting away/restarting the swoop. Like it is in 1.2.3

If the attacker isnt ready to move after the hit, there is a longer time for you to counter him due to his reflex speed. But you also have to be ready with your timing since the block button hilds priority over the attack buttons.
Oh that's even better

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Btw, if a player stops completely in the middle of the air pressing a melee button (lets say simple) and an enemy comes swooping towards him pressing nothing, will the swooping player be punched ?

🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💠 Sūpā Légéñdārý
Best answers
Thats how it is in 1.2.3 you know ^^;
Yes but I have lags in esf 1.2.3 and bots are op :X so it's kinda hard for me

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Btw, if a player stops completely in the middle of the air pressing a melee button (lets say simple) and an enemy comes swooping towards him pressing nothing, will the swooping player be punched ?
Ofcourse.

🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
In the final will you be able to punch freely when your not attacking , or will it be the same as 1.2.3 where you have to be in combat with someone to throw a punch?

🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💠 Sūpā Légéñdārý
Best answers
In the final will you be able to punch freely when your not attacking , or will it be the same as 1.2.3 where you have to be in combat with someone to throw a punch?
I think you can punch like in esf 1.2.3 where you hold right click and do combos, I don't think they added the other one where you click W/A/S/D to attack

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The melee mechanics of the final will be similar to those of Simple melee in 1.2

There is just a few more variations to them, but all melee attacks work like simple melee with the only diffeence being what mouse buttons you are holding.

🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💠 Sūpā Légéñdārý
Best answers
The melee mechanics of the final will be similar to those of Simple melee in 1.2

There is just a few more variations to them, but all melee attacks work like simple melee with the only diffeence being what mouse buttons you are holding.
Is there a way to interrupt between two fighting players ? I mean when they clash, in 1.2.3 the third player cannot deal damage to any of them

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are no more clashes like in 1.2.3

The longest melee animation is 5 seconds. And its interruptable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom