👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Check it out!

Counter-Strike Creator Reveals 'Tactical Intervention'

Minh Le, co-creator of the original Counter-Strike, has announced a new PC multiplayer shooter called Tactical Intervention. After seeing his amateur mod become an unprecedented hit, Le joined Valve in 2000 to work on Counter-Strike in a professional capacity. According to IGN, Le worked on Counter-Strike 2 for a time, but the project "never really got off the ground" and was "put on the shelf."

Feeling unwanted pressure to work on another big project, Le left Valve on good terms, moved into his parents' basement, and began work on a project that would never see the light of day. Since then, he has secured funding from South Korean IT company FIX Korea to develop Tactical Intervention, his new take on the terrorists vs. counter-terrorists theme.

"I enjoyed Counter-Strike, but I wanted to have my own game," said Le. "I was never able to put in all the cool features I wanted because the people who played Counter-Strike would [complain] about all the changes. They liked the game as it is."

Tactical Intervention is reportedly based on a heavily-modified version of Valve's Source engine. The game will address many of the problems Le has with Counter-Strike, including lengthy rounds, camping, and sniper cheapness. Said Le: "I hated how powerful snipers were in Counter-Strike. They really unbalanced the game." According to Le, the game is nearly complete and will enter beta-testing soon. A release is planned for later this year
I personally can't wait for this game, it looks more interesting than the current CS / CS: Source

Last edited:
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Here's another one:

Can't find more so quickly though.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People have moved on from CS, so this probably won't be that big of a hit. The only people still playing CS are those without systems that can handle newer, better games. But for the few who still care about CS, I'm sure it'll be great. Those screenshots aren't too impressive though. In fact, they actually look quite bad. I hope it plays better than those screenshots look.

On the other hand, it's nice that one of the original creators of CS recognizes the faults with the game, like AWP gayness. Snipers aren't overpowered, just the AWP.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
People have moved on from CS, so this probably won't be that big of a hit. The only people still playing CS are those without systems that can handle newer, better games. But for the few who still care about CS, I'm sure it'll be great. Those screenshots aren't too impressive though. In fact, they actually look quite bad. I hope it plays better than those screenshots look.

On the other hand, it's nice that one of the original creators of CS recognizes the faults with the game, like AWP gayness. Snipers aren't overpowered, just the AWP.
If you read the full story, it mentiones about why the quality ain't that great. If you can't find it, then he said it in another blog/site. He created this mod for HL2 completely on his own. The coding ,animations, models, mapping, everything. I guess the quality will improve over time then.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so this is not counter-strike source it really looks like css why sould I buy an other counter-strike

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
so this is not counter-strike source it really looks like css why sould I buy an other counter-strike
The person that created this mod is the person who created Counter-Strike in the first place.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Weapon balance is awful. There are only a handful of weapons worth using. Some like the UMP45 and M249 never get used because they stink. A good AWPer can dominate the game and camping can be a real issue at times.

If it can fix those problems, it could have a lot of potential.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Weapon balance is awful. There are only a handful of weapons worth using. Some like the UMP45 and M249 never get used because they stink. A good AWPer can dominate the game and camping can be a real issue at times.

If it can fix those problems, it could have a lot of potential.
I play with all weapons especialy M249 because that's where I get my Rambo name from,I am a GunSlinger .

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I play with all weapons especialy M249 because that's where I get my Rambo name from,I am a GunSlinger .
Not everyone has your rambo powers ^^. The majority of players who buy the m249 die with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom