Counter-strike-------ESF!?!?!?!?

Best answers
I have the retail version of cs which i bought about a year ago. I then downloaded and instaled the 1.5 patch. Everything works fine but i do not have half-life, yet i can still play cs and the other mods that come with it. I have downloaded ESF and when i try to install it cant find the hl.exe file. Is there some kind of solution or patch to this???? if so, could u please direct me to the download url

plz help!!!!!
any elp would be greatly appreciated

ta

Best answers
No , there isnt , cs is not compadable with esf.

Best answers
umm yes it is...
um u sure u got the right directory?
im pretty sure theres a hl.exe if u have the retail version

Best answers
There is no problem here, because there's no hl.exe, but cstrike.exe. :p

Since it is NOT Half-Life, well they just named it cstrike.exe.

It is compatible with CS, EVERY mod is, except the mods where you need some HL maps and files (like Counter-Life).

I have CS Retail and had no problem installing it, just rename cstrike.exe to hl.exe, but you may have to re-ajust every shortcut to the desktop, but it isn't a problem.

Wind said:
No , there isnt , cs is not compadable with esf.
Seriously, at least research before posting or know what the hell you're talking about.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cervantes is right. It's just called "cstrike.exe" You don't need half-life, Cs is a stand-alone game now, as well as a lot of other games that were originally HL mods.

He's right Wind, don't try to help if you don't know, you're going to misinform someone. Or at least say that you don't really know in your post.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just download the ESFB1.1 installer and run it
the installer searches the whole HDD until it finds a file called "hl.exe" OR "cstrike.exe" ... (thx to me ... before it searched for "cs.exe" ;))
next installer will be faster with searching, because it won't search the HDD anymore

so install it and the you should be able to run it with CS Retail ... even in Internet ;)
I don't really know CSRetail, but if there's a "Custom Game" press it, choose ESF B1.1 and then activate ...
if not, make a shortcut to cstrike.exe and add "-console -game esf -noipx" behind the target ... then run through this shortcut
but I still don't know CSRetail

I won't add my comment to Wind's post .........

Best answers
Counter-Strike retail is exactly like the Half-Life menu, without the New Game option. :p

You should have no trouble installing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom